Got Any Smart Media cards you don't need

I am changing my digital camera but can't make up my mind what I want and may find something on holiday. I probably won't be changing until after my cruise in September. My current camera uses Smart Media cards which is now old hat. I need extra memory for my trip but don't want to shell out lots of dosh on new cards as my replacement camera will obviously use more modern storage media. So if anyone has an old digital camera that used Smart media cards they no longer use I would be interested in purchasing or even borrowing if that doesn't sound too cheeky or hint of Scottish meaness (a popular misconception I may add). I am looking for 128mb cards or 64mb as a minimum to avoid too much changing of cards. Appreciate any help.

Travelling on the Infinity to Alaska on 9/3/05.

Regards

Gordy.

dpreview.com has a nice search tool based on the features you want. You might try taking a look at all the cameras that take compact flash. You might be surprised and find a nice new camera that uses them. Though SD will probably be the media of choice in the future, many new cameras still use compact flash. I don't think I'd call it old hat (Nikon D70s uses them). It's just larger, so doesn't work in the super compact cameras.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Archived