Booking/Payment Question

gxchan

I'm Diamond on Royal Caribbean but am excitedly planning my first Celebrity cruise:) I understand that I get Elite on Celebrity because I'm Diamond on RC but Celebrity doesn't offer cabin discounts like RC does. I purchased a next cruise certificate for Celebrity on my last RC cruise and plan to use it as my deposit for my Celebrity cruise but when I ran a trial booking on Celebrity's website it appears that full payment is due at the time of booking, as opposed to RC's acceptance of a deposit and full/final payment being due about 60 days out. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

I'm Diamond on Royal Caribbean but am excitedly planning my first Celebrity cruise:) I understand that I get Elite on Celebrity correct

because I'm Diamond on RC but Celebrity doesn't offer cabin discounts like RC does also correct.

I purchased a next cruise certificate for Celebrity on my last RC cruise and plan to use it as my deposit for my Celebrity cruise but when I ran a trial booking on Celebrity's website it appears that full payment is due at the time of booking you don't indicate date of sailing, but sounds as if you are in final payment, so yes, full payment (minus the $ paid for the next cruise, is due), as opposed to RC's acceptance of a deposit and full/final payment being due about 60 days out. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

Next cruise bookings give you the lower deposit at time of booking, unless you apply it to a cruise within the final payment time frame, at which full payment for the cruise is due.

Once you book with Celebrity, be sure and contact C&A to have a Celebrity Captains' Club number assigned to your Celebrity booking.

gxchan - If you are using a "Passages" certificate ("next cruise certificate"), you cannot book online. You need to use either Celebrity (by calling them) or a TA, and you must give them your Passages certificate number at the time of booking in order to have the low deposit (which you've already paid). There will also be OBC applied at the same time, depending on the # of days of the cruise you are booking.

If you are inside of final payment on the booking then the entire cruise fare is due. I take it, this is not the case with you since you are inquiring only about the full deposit being due.

Again, you must speak with a real person in order to make everything work. Hope this helps and/or answers your question.

Big thanks Happicruzer and Beth:) I spoke with my TA today and X told her I have to transfer my next cruise cert to her agency so allow her to book the cruise. I faxed the form in today. I wasn't sure if I got the OBC with X using a next cruise cert so I'm glad to know I will.

Even through the cruise isn't until next May, I'm really excited to be going on X for the first time. Plus, I understand that Century will be going through dry dock early next year so by the time I board it will be shiny and new:D

A quick question about X roll calls, there doesn't appear to be a roll call for my cruise yet. Is it better to wait until closer to the cruise and if there still isn't one to start one or just jump in and start one now?

Thanks again for your help.

Starting a Roll Call for a cruise that is a year away is not unusual, especially if it is a longer cruise. Once others see their date and ship that you are cruising on, they will "jump" on board!

Hi Nanatravel, It is funny, even when booked a year out there has always been a roll all started on RC, so I guess I was just expecting one. I'll get the ball rolling by starting a new one. Thanks!

Archived