Kudos to RCCL

I just want to say that I think RCCL did a great job handling the fire on Grandeur this morning. I was booked on the sailing for this Friday, but it has since been cancelled. I received an email and phone call from RCCL explaining that it had been cancelled. Everyone on that sailing is getting a full refund, plus a a cruise certificate valued at 50% of the cost of this sailing. While I am incredibly disappointed that I won't be going to Bermuda Friday, I am happy with the outcome, and I am even happier that no one was hurt in the fire.

That sounds really nice and generous. I hope you have a great cruise with that certificate!

My cousins were in the exact same situation with Triumph. They flew out of the storm only to find out the cruise was canceled. I think they only received 25% of a future cruise. But they are happy with it. :)

I'm think RCCL learned exactly how not to handle this type of situation from Carnival.

I think so too. And the situation is lucky that they were close to a port.

What they need to do now is to fix it right and not to rush and sail before the ship is ready. Not to repeat the same mistake Carnival did with Sunshine.

Archived