"Never again in the Haven"

Nalagh

LOL!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

It's all good. You look like Ricky Martin from your little picture. My son looks just like me. ;)

I will always book the Haven just to have the option to enjoy if I have the opportunity.

I beg of you, have someone in authority reach out to me by phone. All of my future NCL cruises are cancelled except the one not past final payment in September on the Breakaway.

With much respect,

Cherie

I beg of you, have someone in authority reach out to me by phone. All of my future NCL cruises are cancelled except the one not past final payment in September on the Breakaway.

With much respect,

Cherie

Oh No Cherie, Wanna move to our Feb cruise. We will have so much fun!!!

I'll make lots of fun on a small life raft!

With much respect,

Cherie

I'm sure you'll find the Haven to be a completely different place once school is back in session. I've never seen it anything BUT tranquil!

I also hope you'll reconsider the Getaway TA - you're needed in the S6 Progressive Party and at Ladies Night!!!!!:)

With much respect,

Cherie

What happened? Why did you cancel?

With much respect,

Cherie

Nalagh, I'd be happy to see if I can put someone in contact with you by phone, but there is certain information I'd need to give them so they could do so. If you'd like you can email me privately with your pertinent information so they can pull up your information. Its my CC name at Hotmail.

It's all good. You look like Ricky Martin from your little picture. My son looks just like me. ;)

I will always book the Haven just to have the option to enjoy if I have the opportunity.

He DOES look like Ricky Martin! Maybe it is Ricky Martin ... ;)

I confess I'm a newcomer to this thread and haven't read all 300+ posts, but I have to agree with the OPs DH -- my fellow passengers' behavior (adults as well as children! :eek:) seriously decreased the value of the Haven and made it not worthwhile for us to book it again... EVER.

The problems were repeatedly brought to the concierge's attention, who seemed completely impotent to do anything.

I suggest NCL better empower the Haven crew to better enforce some sort of code of conduct so as to protect the "haven" experience for all cruisers.

I confess I'm a newcomer to this thread and haven't read all 300+ posts, but I have to agree with the OPs DH -- my fellow passengers' behavior (adults as well as children! :eek:) seriously decreased the value of the Haven and made it not worthwhile for us to book it again... EVER.

The problems were repeatedly brought to the concierge's attention, who seemed completely impotent to do anything.

I suggest NCL better empower the Haven crew to better enforce some sort of code of conduct so as to protect the "haven" experience for all cruisers.

Can you please say what happened and on what ship? Thank you.

Can you please say what happened and on what ship? Thank you.

It's a rather infamous event now...

We were on the Jewel in May 2011. We had six adult women staying in one cabin. One habitually slept in the courtyard, and despite repeated complaints by many courtyard pax, nothing ever seemed to be done about this. Another of the women washed her hair in the pool, then tried to engage me in a physical confrontation when I dared point out that I was sure she had her own bathroom in which to do her ablutions. This group was perpetually soused and caused all sorts of trouble. The last night of the cruise two of them were riding up and down in the elevators with bottles of booze, one mostly naked, and inviting everyone to whom the doors opened to their "party." :eek:

There was another LARGE group of people also staying in a single villa. They perpetually hogged the upstairs sunning area and were also perpetually soused.

I contacted NCL and suggested that such problems might be averted in the future by limiting the number of adults allowed in a single CV. Never had any response.

I haven't totally given up on NCL... I've since sailed in the GV a couple of times and in other suites w/o "Haven" access. I just don't need to spend my hard-earned money for something that is far less than advertised. NCL's loss, not mine. ;)

We were on the Jewel in May 2011. We had six adult women staying in one cabin. One habitually slept in the courtyard, and despite repeated complaints by many courtyard pax, nothing ever seemed to be done about this. Another of the women washed her hair in the pool, then tried to engage me in a physical confrontation when I dared point out that I was sure she had her own bathroom in which to do her ablutions. This group was perpetually soused and caused all sorts of trouble. The last night of the cruise two of them were riding up and down in the elevators with bottles of booze, one mostly naked, and inviting everyone to whom the doors opened to their "party." :eek:

There was another LARGE group of people also staying in a single villa. They perpetually hogged the upstairs sunning area and were also perpetually soused.

Ya gotta wonder how these people felt about themselves and their behaviors after they sobered up and had nothing but muddled memories of a very expensive cruise where people avoided them or were angry with them most of the time.

One thing I hated about when I drank to excess was always feeling like I owed someone an apology, even if I didn't. I'd wake up the morning after with a feeling of doom and guilt. That put paid to my days of over-consuming alcohol.

I guess since I tend to feel my emotions so intensely and worry incessantly about hurting other people's feelings or sense of comfort, I have no frame of reference for those who don't.

I contacted NCL and suggested that such problems might be averted in the future by limiting the number of adults allowed in a single CV. Never had any response.

I haven't totally given up on NCL... I've since sailed in the GV a couple of times and in other suites w/o "Haven" access. I just don't need to spend my hard-earned money for something that is far less than advertised. NCL's loss, not mine. ;)

OMG - my mouth just fell open. I don't even know what to say. How can you have that much money to spend on a suite, and have absolutely no cooth or class?!! I just don't get it.

OMG - my mouth just fell open. I don't even know what to say. How can you have that much money to spend on a suite, and have absolutely no cooth or class?!! I just don't get it.

That's just the thing, and where NCL needs address this problem -- in the pocketbook. Two full fare, the other four @ $499. Once you divide it out by six, it looks like a bargain, and is.

But that is precisely why NCL won't address the problem by limiting the number of adults in a cabin... more pax = more $$$ for NCL.

Oh my! OK...let me take a deep breath....

I'm booked in a Haven suite on the Breakaway sailing in less than a month along with two other Haven cabins traveling with us. I am way beyond final payment but now I'm actually afraid of the Haven!! I couldn't even imagine such a feeling when I booked over a year ago.

I can't even put into words how completely and utterly disappointed I will be if my "once in a lifetime" vacation with my 3 kids (ages 16, 18 and 20) and my brother and his 2 kids (ages 12 and 16) is ruined by others' nonsense in the Haven.

I saved $ like crazy to make this vacation possible....

I can only hope that what NCL has promoted in their advertising with the Haven will come somewhat close to what we experience.

I agree that we cannot expect no kids or no noise....but if we are prevented from even using the Haven then that's just not worth the very high price paid for a combined DOS and connecting penthouse suite and a courtyard penthouse. :confused:

I can only hope that what NCL has promoted in their advertising with the Haven will come somewhat close to what we experience.

I agree that we cannot expect no kids or no noise....but if we are prevented from even using the Haven then that's just not worth the very high price paid for a combined DOS and connecting penthouse suite and a courtyard penthouse. :confused:

A Norwegian rep responded earlier in this thread that they are working on the issue.

Its sad beyond sad that these passengers were forced to endure such unnecessary problems, but I like to believe that these occurrences are the exception and not the rule. Should you run into similar issues during your Haven stay, I suggest first going to the concierge and if as this poster said they got no satisfaction from that route, I'd take advantage of those business cards that the officers hand out during the meet and mingle and call the Hotel Director or something. People have been removed from ships for less than what these hoo-has pulled and why that didn't happen in this case is beyond me.

The insensitivity of the few should not be permitted to impair the enjoyment of the rest. I'm not a hard-azz, but let me tell you, there is no way on God's green earth that I would allow my investment into a once in a lifetime experience to be spoiled by people with no regard for themselves, much less others. I'd call Corporate ship-to-shore if it came down to it.

Truth is that I have every faith your Haven experience will not reflect these unfortunate sailings. Enjoy your vacation!

That's just the thing, and where NCL needs address this problem -- in the pocketbook. Two full fare, the other four @ $499. Once you divide it out by six, it looks like a bargain, and is.

But that is precisely why NCL won't address the problem by limiting the number of adults in a cabin... more pax = more $$$ for NCL.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'm sorry you had to go thru that. What a huge disappoinment.

Archived