New feature on Coral Princess? Maybe new to me....

calsnoozie

Hi Everyone,

I received the usual 14 day before cruise email notice notifying me of the Princess Captain Circle Host and Cruise Director. At the bottom right hand corner of the email, there was a reference to the following new feature available:

file_J_e-Services_Projects_Pre_Cruise_Emails_Pre-Cruise_2010_FINAL_FILES_images_new.gif You can also take advantage of Princess@Sea once onboard, our new FREE service available on your smartphone or tablet that allows you access events, venue & port information as well as your stateroom account!

Has anyone else seen this? Very exciting to be able to view stateroom account.

I am on the June 12th Coral Princess Southbound Whittier to Vancover cruise.

I apologize if this has already been discussed in a different thread.

Sue from Fairfield, CA

This is a new intranet service being introduced on the Royal Princess. It was announced last year. I hadn't heard that the other ships were capable of this. It's the first I've heard but then perhaps it's being rolled out simultaneously with the Royal.

That sounds like a good program. I wonder though, well we need to access the Wi-Fi? Or be charged through our cell phone provider? it will be interesting to hear how the experience goes after your cruise. I am on the Coral Princess March 4, 2014.

I just looked at my 2 week email and yup, it says it too. i'll be on the island princess.

I know.. I usually just quickly glance at these emails. I actually read this one since I am not familiar with the Cruise Director or Captain Circule Host.

Sue from Fairfield, CA

That sounds like a good program. I wonder though, well we need to access the Wi-Fi? Or be charged through our cell phone provider? it will be interesting to hear how the experience goes after your cruise. I am on the Coral Princess March 4, 2014.

I'm sure this is the same thing that will be on the Royal Princess but don't know the exact procedure. Based on the info for the Royal it's a free service that can be used on smartphones, tablets or computers & like a Princess Patter with lots of info. We're booked on the Coral this summer & happy to hear that it's an option on other ships also.

Free. It's an intranet and has nothing to do with cell service or the ship's Internet. Your smartphone must be WiFi capable so it can connect to the ship's intranet. I believe it's an app for your phone but I could be wrong.

Archived