Barcelona itinerary question

Hello! Based on the great information here, we've purchased a friends of Sagrada family membership for our upcoming trip. When discussing our trip, visiting the Sagrada Familia was the top of my 15 yr old son's bucket list (they watched a video in Spanish class)

My question is: we will be there at the end of June, which will be warm. My first thought was to get off the ship and head to the church, but from what I've read it is much more crowded during the morning. Even though we don't have to wait in line, I'd still like to not be elbow to elbow with people (or do they limit capacity?)

After we visit Sagrada, we'd like to spend the rest of the day walking and touring. Is it best to go to the Ramblas area, or the Gothic area? Or do you recommend someplace else? And what is the best way to get to those? There are 7 of us in our party - 5 adults and two teens.

Okay, and now that I've spent the morning perusing this site as well as other websites -- I might want to take a completely different track.

Our ship is in port from 9-6am. Is it possible to go to the Sagrada Familia right after we get off the ship, and then go to Montserrat? It just looks so beautiful, I'd love to experience it. Do you recommend being able to do that? Or is it too much? Or should we see something else in Barcelona over Montserrat?

Archived