Bubba Gump Shrimp in New Orleans

marshhawk

There is absolutely nothing special about it. To me, it tasted like frozen fried shrimp you order from a big food supplier. We ate there once because it was convenient and my kids were very hungry. There is nothing "New Orleans" about the way they do food. It is just that, a chain. I highly recommend avoiding all chains in New Orleans. To be in New Orleans and not eat at the authentic restaurants would not make sense to me.

They are around the corner from Johnny's Po-boy. I would definitely go there instead - http://johnnyspoboys.com/

Thanks for the heads up. I have no idea why I booked this cruise when money is so tight, so since we will be eating our meals in New Orleans , and we will be hungry, right off the bus- I was looking for something close to the megabus stop.

I ate at one in Universal Studios (not a lot of choices there) but we all really enjoyed our dinner. Also I'm gluten free and they had a large menu of safe things for me to eat - so that also scored big with me. It may not be real "NoLa" food, but I don't think you'll have a bad meal.

To save money, you could also go to Rouse's grocery store on Royal St. (very close to the stop). They have sandwiches and other ready made things in their deli. We used this grocery store if we are in the French Quarter and our kids need a snack. Instead of getting ice cream for $5 to $6 a cup, we buy a box of ice cream sandwiches (or whatever they can agree on) for way less than half. You can eat it as you are walking (we often do) or have a picnic in Jackson Square. You can bring one of those plastic deposable table clothes to sit on or do what a local would do and sit on your grocery bag. Doesn't matter in New Orleans!

Go here instead, its about away from the other. A local chain with good food.

http://www.nohsc.com/

(look for french quarter location on the site)

That menu looks fantastic. I took a survey of the travelers, all want PoBoy- and two (me and the DH) really want etouffee (crawfish) which we will do for dinner.

I've never eaten at that particular location; however have tried 2 others over the years. It's pricey for what you get and the quality is average at best. I concur with the poster who encouraged you to patronize a local establishment. I'd rather put $$$ in the hands of the locals as opposed to a corporation.

Happy travels!:)

In regards to chains, the money that the staff makes is important to them, as they do live there. But I am trying to find a good meal on a Sunday for a late lunch withing walking distance of where the bus leaves us off, and that is close. Yeah I will get a taxi for the hotel but I know this bunch I am traveling with, and lunch will be important-REALLY important when we get off the bus.

Archived