Bayonne Hotels--we want it all!!

Firstly just wanted to say how incredibly helpful you guys are! Amazing.

Anyway. We too are coming over from the uk next April to do a cruise out of Bayonne. Are looking to stay 2 nights (mid week) pre cruise.

We are definitely going to stay in New Jersey as are flying into Newark. Just wondered what 'a good rate is'.

We are a family of 3 and the courtyard is coming up as 681 for 2 nights (no breakfast including taxes) and the double tree is 706 with breakfast including taxes (though have noticed that there is no bar there and we do like to have a drink to chill out at end of day)

Also the Hyatt is 656 (no breakfast including taxes) but that is pay now, non refundable so not too sure about that.

Do you think it's best to book now or wait a bit. Not sure what is good value or not....

Many thanks. You guys are great! :)

Check out stay123.com. they offer hotels with free airport shuttle and cruise packages. The Country Inn & Suites offers 24 hour airport shuttle and a $35 per person, round trip to the port. I would definitely check them out. It is a very nice hotel. Ruby Tuesdays is right next door, IHOP is a short walk and the Jersey Garden Mall is across the street.

Good luck with your search to get just the right pre-cruise hotel.

Great info on this thread-thank you.

Our cruise will be leaving on a Saturday, and we will be flying in Friday.

Is there a place to buy bottled wine near Country Inn and Suites? I did an internet search, and it appears that there is a bottled liquor store in the Newark Airport, but I am guessing the prices will be high and it may be a duty free store only.

I also called the Marriot Courtyard next door, and they said the nearest place is about a 15 minute cab drive away. We will not have a car-any suggestions for a convenient place to buy wine for our cruise?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I really like the look of the Hyatt on hudson if staying in New Jersey but that seems quite pricey at the moment.

Trolleydolly ~

I've never stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson, but I've walked past it on numerous occasions and am quite familiar with the immediate area. The location is unique--the hotel is built on the footings of an old pier--and the views are superb.

These videos should give you a good idea of the hotel's setting. In the second video, you see the entrance to the Exchange Place PATH station, right next to the hotel:

And here's the Jersey City waterfront and skyline as seen from a tour boat heading south in the Hudson River. The Hyatt comes into close view about halfway through this video:

As you can well imagine, the Hyatt's location has much to do with its priceyness.

Trolleydolly ~

I've never stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson, but I've walked past it on numerous occasions and am quite familiar with the immediate area. The location is unique--the hotel is built on the footings of an old pier--and the views are superb.

These videos should give you a good idea of the hotel's setting. In the second video, you see the entrance to the Exchange Place PATH station, right next to the hotel:

And here's the Jersey City waterfront and skyline as seen from a tour boat heading south in the Hudson River. The Hyatt comes into close view about halfway through this video:

As you can well imagine, the Hyatt's location has much to do with its priceyness.

Thanks so much for links. It does look nice. Can understand why they can charge what they do!

Archived