Help-should I try for an upgrade

I will be sailing on the Jewel In August to Alaska. Right now I have a balcony on the 9th deck, should I try for an upgrade? and if I do what type of cabin is above a balcony? thanks..

depends on the level of balcony you booked.... either a better B category or a mini-suite.

I will be sailing on the Jewel In August to Alaska. Right now I have a balcony on the 9th deck, should I try for an upgrade? and if I do what type of cabin is above a balcony? thanks..

You have a balcony to watch the glacier, nothing more important unless you just want a bigger room. Alaska is the only cruise I tell people they have to have a balcony or better.

Michael

99% of balconies are the same. Only the location that changes.

Upgrade - to mini suite which is just a deluxe balcony - no perks, etc.

Suite? Sure - lots of money

go online and do a test booking to see the current price vs what you have.

(p.s.) EVERYONE wants an upgrade. Guess how many get them.

Thanks everyone, I have a BC balcony now that is pretty close to the Aft of the ship on the port side, but the cruise is roundtrip, so I guess the port side doesn't matter. I figured it doesn't hurt to ask my TA. Hope everyone has a great cruise.:)

Thanks everyone, I have a BC balcony now that is pretty close to the Aft of the ship on the port side, but the cruise is roundtrip, so I guess the port side doesn't matter. I figured it doesn't hurt to ask my TA. Hope everyone has a great cruise.:)

Not sure what your budget for an upgrade is. You can check the NCL website now to see what prices are for your cruise in say a mini suite. If you can afford it, go for it.

Be aware that prices sometimes start to fall a few weeks before sail date depending on how well cabins are selling for your cruise. They will start trying to move people out of the lower priced, easier to sell cabins, into something a little more expensive. The price for a mini may drop to close to what you have already paid for your balcony. That is the time to have your TA ask what it would cost to get you into one. If you are lucky, it may not be much.

Be aware that if cabins are selling well, prices can also go up.

Our May Alaska cruise did drop in price weekly from the top suites on down beginning a few weeks before sail date. Several people went from OV to balcony ( free ), balcony to mini, mini to penthouse suite etc. for very little money. But you have to keep your eye on prices and know what you want and the availability. Start looking at the prices, at least weekly, and almost daily when you get closer to the date.

Archived