Spending your time in port at the Caribe Hilton?

AXiDMonica

Hi all,

We will be in SJ from 11:00am to 7:00pm and I would love to spend the afternoon at the Caribe Hilton's pool/beach area.

Do any of you know if this would be possible to do? Has anyone tried to do this?

They used to have a day rate for rooms (based on availability). The cost was per room not per person. We have stayed at the Caribe several times and they always checked our room cards at the doors leading to the pool and beach area.

Does anyone know if they have recently redone rooms at this hotel?

The grounds were always pretty and the small beach was nice but the rooms weren't always as freshly decorated as possible.

Is Morton's Steakhouse still there?

Thanks if you have first hand info.

Edited by sail7seas

Whenever we're in Puerto Rico, we stay at the Caribe, booking one of the villa rooms, looking across the inlet to the Conrad. The rooms in that area appear to be in better condition than the tower or garden views. In addition, the walkways are open air, so I don't catch the occasional whiff of mustiness as I sometimes did in the tower.

I love the pool area by the villa section, quiet, as long as the multitude of birds aren't in the mating mood. Yes, Morton's is the premium restaurant on the property. With so many ethnic dining options in OSJ, I save my craving for meat for when I get home and head to Capital Grille.

Darcy

Hi all,

We will be in SJ from 11:00am to 7:00pm and I would love to spend the afternoon at the Caribe Hilton's pool/beach area.

Do any of you know if this would be possible to do? Has anyone tried to do this?

They sell day passes to the resort. We did this about 4 years ago. You may want to call before you go to check for availability. It gives you access to the pools, beach, and gym amenities. I think we paid $35/person. I am sure that it is more now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Whenever we're in Puerto Rico, we stay at the Caribe, booking one of the villa rooms, looking across the inlet to the Conrad. The rooms in that area appear to be in better condition than the tower or garden views. In addition, the walkways are open air, so I don't catch the occasional whiff of mustiness as I sometimes did in the tower.

I love the pool area by the villa section, quiet, as long as the multitude of birds aren't in the mating mood. Yes, Morton's is the premium restaurant on the property. With so many ethnic dining options in OSJ, I save my craving for meat for when I get home and head to Capital Grille.

Darcy

Thanks.

I agree like Capital Grille in Boston, FLL and Seattle better than Morton's in some locations. I wasn't necessarily asking because we wanted to dine there but was interested if they still were open at that hotel.

• 2 months later...

Morton's was still there in 2011. Not sure now. CH was a lovely place to stay and I never had my room key checked when I went out by the pool. (nor when DH and I enjoyed the privacy of the hammock grove in the middle of the night... ;-) )

We are staying 3 nights pre-cruise at the Caribe Hilton in SJ, a large group of us. Can anyone tell me the best and most economical transportation from the airport to the Caribe and then the Caribe to the cruise port (Celebrity)?

We are staying 3 nights pre-cruise at the Caribe Hilton in SJ, a large group of us. Can anyone tell me the best and most economical transportation from the airport to the Caribe and then the Caribe to the cruise port (Celebrity)?

We had a pretty large group and grabbed a couple van cabs.

• 3 months later...