Carnival listing CC meet and greets in Glory Fun Times

kgymn

I've noticed from our sailing as well as lurking in other Glory roll call threads that they have been listing a CC meet and greet at 2pm embarkation day every sailing. None of these were schedule by CC members, it seems that either Carnival or the cruise director has decided to have something set up.

Now, I want to say we have all been pretty much ignoring it LOL because, again, no one on CC had contacted Carnival to put anything in the Fun Times and the meet ups that each group had planned have been different times/places.

So I wonder is this happening on other ships? Is it just the Glory? I found it particularly interesting given that there seems to be some idea that Carnival isn't a fan of CC, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least on the Glory, if they are proactively trying to include CC members in their schedule.

~Katy

I've noticed from our sailing as well as lurking in other Glory roll call threads that they have been listing a CC meet and greet at 2pm embarkation day every sailing. None of these were schedule by CC members, it seems that either Carnival or the cruise director has decided to have something set up.

Now, I want to say we have all been pretty much ignoring it LOL because, again, no one on CC had contacted Carnival to put anything in the Fun Times and the meet ups that each group had planned have been different times/places.

So I wonder is this happening on other ships? Is it just the Glory? I found it particularly interesting given that there seems to be some idea that Carnival isn't a fan of CC, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least on the Glory, if they are proactively trying to include CC members in their schedule.

~Katy

I think there is a strain in the relationship .;)

Kudos to Glory! I wonder if the CD (Matt) had anything to do with this decision? We sailed on the Glory last September -- and my husband and I agree that Matt is our VERY favorite CD.

At one point John Heald had stated he was trying to get them set up on all ships, so this may be because of that.

The other possibility is someone from a roll call asked JH to have this set up.

I noticed he had someone today ask him to on his FB page.

We had a pre-arranged/informal meeting on our ship last week for members of CC's roll call thread for our sailing. It was one of the smartest things DH and I have ever done when cruising. We had an absolute blast with the couples we met during the cruise -- I'm hoping these people will be friends for a lifetime!

:D (... and cruise together again!)

At one point John Heald had stated he was trying to get them set up on all ships, so this may be because of that.

The other possibility is someone from a roll call asked JH to have this set up.

I would assume if it is on other ships as well, JH is responsible if not I'd assume Matt. It's definitely not anyone in the roll call threads, as every thread that sailed on the glory recently had people posting about it surprised (including ours) and its been the same time and location each sailing.

If anyone is sailing on other Carnival ships soon and will check their first fun times and get back to us it just may answer the question :)

~Katy

Archived