How flexible regarding ages for kids clubs?

jgs2003

Hi,

I'll be traveling with my extended family on the Breakaway in June. My son will be 3 weeks away from his 6th birthday (entering 1st grade in the fall). I am hoping he can join the 6-9 age group rather than the 3-5 age group for the kids club. Does anyone have any info on whether or not NCL is flexible with birthdays that are that close to their cut off? I don't know if he'll even want to do the club (last time we cruised with him he was under 2, and it was on a different line) but I'd like to have the option, and I think he'd be terribly bored with preschoolers.

Thanks!

It's based on age at boarding. A few weeks ago they had a sign up at the entrance that there would be no moving up or down.

In my experience they are pretty strict. Even more so at busy times like school vacations, holidays and summer.

very strict. At our CC meet & greet on Epic, our HD Kaj said that's one of the most asked questions (next to 'can we open the balcony dividers' lol) and said they will not switch at all. Even if it's that close to a birthday. Just not permitted. No exceptions.

Sorry!

It's based on age at boarding. A few weeks ago they had a sign up at the entrance that there would be no moving up or down.

In my experience they are pretty strict. Even more so at busy times like school vacations, holidays and summer.

They are basically going on the same rules many day cares and schools do. No leeway. However, with a range of 3-5, they should have a wide range of options, many of which would appeal to a rising 6 y/o.

DML

I'll echo the other comments - my experience is that NCL is strict on age at boarding. I have read instances where kids who have a birthday mid-cruise can switch groups at that time. However, that is the only exception to the "age at boarding" rule that I have heard of.

This questions is asked daily - literally. On every board - every day the question is asked about the "mature child" that needs to be moved up. On Norwegian - the child is not moved up under ANY circumstances.

And although your child may be very "mature" at 5. Go ask any "mature" 9 year old if they want to hang out with a 5 year old ;)

Archived