Jet Skis in Costa Maya

rafro

My kids would like to jet ski in Costa Maya. It appears you can reserve rentals near Pez Quadro and near Tequila Beach. So, I'm wondering if you actually go down the coast on the tour or just drive around in circles off shore, and if you rent for an hour can you take them out to snorkel? We will be on Carnival Dream the end of June, and are hoping for nice seas and clear weather. Any help is appreciated!

I think TB puts a limit on where you can go-withing sight of lighthouse maybe. But don't hold me to that. I've only seen jet skis in and around the malecon area. There are not many places further south to stop with facilities--Maya Chan is private, Maya Palms is a hotel, and Almapena is an eco resort so I don't believe they even allow jet skis on the property. So you'd be banking up on a bare beach. But snorkeling might be okay. You can email both TB and PQ and ask them.

BTW, I believe Island Marketing also offers a jet ski excursion or maybe rentals during their beach break excursion. You can google costamayacruiseexcursions for the website and info.

Archived