Sailing with MSC

DW and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and have had booked time off from work for a while now. I can easily switch my days off but my DW isn't so lucky. Thus we had to see what was available for a cruise in that time frame. RCI was not in the mix unfortunately but MSC Splendida from Valencia was.

Has anyone sailed with MSC and/or on the Splendida before?

Try the MSC board.

I decided not to try MSC for a couple of reasons: English is the third language and the entertainment will be in Italian and Spanish.

The food is very Italian which wouldn't suit my fussy travel companion!

However the ships are supposed to be beautiful and from the pics the staterooms do look very nice.

I could be very wrong but this is what I found out when I looked at cruising with MSC.

Hope this helps.

I am just noticed you are in Canada: the info I got would be for the med. Probably very different for the Caribbean.

Actually it will be a Med cruise so you are correct. We haven't paid for it yet so I can still back out if I have to. The problem is finding a cruise that fits in our dates, including flying out from Canada.

we had the same problem witn times booked on MSC last March to celebrate our 35th. we loved it! very different, only 4 Americans on board. the Fantasisa was beautiful! the splendia is the same class as the fantasia,

we did the Yatach Club about the same as JS but the service was the best we ever have. food not so great. Entertainment was enjoyable language not an issue. everyone spoke English.

we have booked the davina this march out of Miami.

MSC is a great cruise line, but its not the typical product that cruisers from North America are more used to. If you read reviews on MSC, you'll find quite a mix of opinions, many polar opposites. The majority of negativity comes from cruisers who complained that things weren't "like on the American cruise lines".

As mentioned before, the ships are beautiful, the ambiance is very international (get ready for announcements made in 7 different languages), and for entertainment to be geared towards a broader clientele, instead of focusing on the likes of one country in particular.

Go with realistic expectations and you'll enjoy it.

My First Cruise was onboard the MSC Musica...i Would say try this....MSC is very similar to rccl...but there is no Royal Promenade...

Food, Drinks, ship and Cabin Sizes are comparable....english is still present everywhere on a ship so dont worry

DW and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and have had booked time off from work for a while now. I can easily switch my days off but my DW isn't so lucky. Thus we had to see what was available for a cruise in that time frame. RCI was not in the mix unfortunately but MSC Splendida from Valencia was.

Has anyone sailed with MSC and/or on the Splendida before?

Yes. We enjoyed our cruise on the Poesia so much we booked another, on the Divinia, in December. The experience is different (the ship was more like Princess than RC) but still enjoyable.

Archived