Jewel Southern Caribbean Photo Trip Report May 25th!

You are funny :) I love your sense of humor and really enjoyed the review/pics. I hope to sail Jewel/SoCarib one day. Thanks!

I try my best :D

Thanks for reading.

Sinny, not sure if you remember us, we were on the Allure with you last October and are sailing this same itinerary in September, great review, your pictures are super, love your sense of humor!

Debby

Great minds think clearly alike!

Of course I remember you, you celebrated your anniversary on the first night and sat next to us in Chops.

I have a very good memory ;)

Say hi to RonnyD for us!

Edited by Sinppu

That was a great review. I enjoyed it. Last time I was in St Lucia we did a boat tour, but next time we will definitely try Cosol's tour. It looked awesome.

You're going to enjoy Alaska, bit it's probably not much different than your own back yard lol

Edited by OTownNick

That was a great review. I enjoyed it. Last time I was in St Lucia we did a boat tour, but next time we will definitely try Cosol's tour. It looked awesome.

You're going to enjoy Alaska, bit it's probably not much different than your own back yard lol

Oh it is. No glaciers here ;)

Thanks for reading and you're welcome for enjoying it :D

We were there for about 1 1/2 hours. We met a very nice couple from Los Angeles and talked to them. I am usually very good with pictures so I thought I would recognize y'all. But I guess I didn't. Lol

We were there also. Looked around a bunch but didn't know how to contact everyone. Maybe we should have had beads.

No, Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge yet. No schedule for when it might come.

We left the Jewel today after 14 days at sea. Captain Thor said the Jewel will be in dry dock in 2016 so that is when you can expect the diamond lounge. We mostly just drink wine so the nightly diamond happy hour was great for us.

Great review Sinny. We miss you guys. In PR now. 13 hrs in the air tomorrow.

Aloha,

Gary and Julie

We left the Jewel today after 14 days at sea. Captain Thor said the Jewel will be in dry dock in 2016 so that is when you can expect the diamond lounge. We mostly just drink wine so the nightly diamond happy hour was great for us.

Great review Sinny. We miss you guys. In PR now. 13 hrs in the air tomorrow.

Aloha,

Gary and Julie

Garyyyy!!! Hope you had a great second week.

It was so much fun to meet you guys. Let's keep in touch and see if we can cruise together again or show our homes to each other some day :)

Say HI to Julie!

It was so much fun to meet you guys. Let's keep in touch and see if we can cruise together again or show our homes to each other some day :)

Say HI to Julie!

Second week was fun but school was out in PR so lots of kids in the pool during sea days. Check out kona123.com for some info on Kona. We live by White Sands beach. Looking forward to the Alaska review. Hope to see ya in Kona sometime. Great review.

Aloha, Gary and Julie

Ps. Funny that we all made it to schooners but didn't make contact.

Thanks Crystal. What name did you give that too-cute-to-be-legal litte guy of yours?

Haha! We named him Isaac, which means laughter. Turned out to be totally appropriate since he's a content, happy baby :)

Haha! We named him Isaac, which means laughter. Turned out to be totally appropriate since he's a content, happy baby :)

It's a very nice name, traditional.

Sorry I spelled your name wrong, how could I be so sloppy :o:rolleyes:

Say HI to Julie!

Back in Kona. Reviewed some pics and video. Julie got a video of me scaling the rock climbing wall. I think I need to edit that in fast forward so I look better. Video of the sting rays in Antigua is cool so I'll do a short youtube video. Lowry has my email & youtube info but if it is misplaced you can see the sting ray video by searching garytrow sting ray (tomorrow - not edited yet).

Aloha,

Gary & Julie

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

I know its a hot topic but what is the roll calls view

On the Freedom Earlier this year the Tux turnout was very poor indeed I actually felt a little out of place and was considering only bring a sports jacket for this cruise

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Loved your review - I've seen you around the boards Sinny but this is the first review of yours I've read!

A couple of things - I'm in love with Tard the Grumpy Cat & Cosol's tour was one of the best excursions we've ever done - did you stop for fresh bread and cheese on the way back to the ship? YUM.

We just booked Jewel for next year - I'm taking note of your tour with Thenford in St Kitts - sounds great! Our itinerary is slightly different in that we'll hit St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba & Curacao.

Thanks for the great photos!

I'm loving your review! We sail on her in 26 days!

I've heard that the first night onboard on there is a discount at the specialty restaurants. Was that the case on the Jewel?

There are two discount offers: The Celebration Dining Deal for four or more people is available on Day 1 or Day 2 and includes a $30 beverage credit to spend on wine, champagne, or any other beverage while you dine.The Set Sail Dinner Party for 8-10 people is only available on Day 1 of the cruise and gives you 30% off the cover charge. Both must be booked online in advance.

Loved your review - I've seen you around the boards Sinny but this is the first review of yours I've read!

A couple of things - I'm in love with Tard the Grumpy Cat & Cosol's tour was one of the best excursions we've ever done - did you stop for fresh bread and cheese on the way back to the ship? YUM.

We just booked Jewel for next year - I'm taking note of your tour with Thenford in St Kitts - sounds great! Our itinerary is slightly different in that we'll hit St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba & Curacao.

Thanks for the great photos!

Ohh the fresh bread....*hungry growling* :p

I'd love to go to Aruba and Curacao. You'll have a great time with Thenford, I'm sure.

Great review and pics! I love the Southern Caribbean. We also are windjammer people :)

Windjammer is the way to go :)

Great review Sinny! We are on the Jewel in March.

Seems like yours was a slightly different itinerary than ours:

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Roseau, Dominica

Bridgetown, Barbados

This will be our first cruise: My husband, myself, and our three teenagers. I love reading in-depth reviews so I (kind of) know what to expect. I just can't get enough! :) Thanks for any advice you might have for me!

Did you end up buying cruise insurance prior to embarkation? If so, did they cover all the medical expenses that your husband incurred?

Great review - thank you! I have been following Jewel Southern Caribbean itineraries really closely because I am trying to decide between this sailing or another Allure sailing next summer. If it was just my husband and me I would do the Jewel in a second because of the ports, but we have two young boys and I think that all of these port excursions would be exhausting for them (and probably some would be boring as well). I don't want to deal with a lot of whining and complaining on vacation, so the more relaxed pace of the Western itinerary on Allure and the huge Adventure Ocean facilities were a good choice for us this summer.

Thank you! We leave for this cruise in13days! I have a question regarding the volcano tour..I have this tour booked and have my mo. Who is 82 coming on it.is there a lot of walking for this tour? I saw lots of steep steps and I'm concerned. She can't do tons of steps..thanks!

Great review Sinny! We are on the Jewel in March.

Did you end up buying cruise insurance prior to embarkation? If so, did they cover all the medical expenses that your husband incurred?

Thanks!

We have a year-round travel insurance, which is renewd automatically and it did cover all his expenses.

Thank you! We leave for this cruise in13days! I have a question regarding the volcano tour..I have this tour booked and have my mo. Who is 82 coming on it.is there a lot of walking for this tour? I saw lots of steep steps and I'm concerned. She can't do tons of steps..thanks!

The steps aren't mandatory and the pace isn't fast. You can always stay a bit back if it seems too steep.

Hope you enjoy your cruise :)

You'll be fine with a sports jacket. Especially if you felt overdressed the last time. There is plenty of variety in how people dress on formal night ;)

About how many (or what percentage of) men wore either a tux or a full suit? And for ladies, ratio of formal or long dresses versus cocktail dresses? My boyfriend and i have this itinerary booked for next summer, and we both like to get dressed up for nice dinners. I was on the Jewel about 6 years ago, and I remember it being more formal, which I appreciate, but if no one else is in a tux and not many suits, he might feel overdressed. Just wondering on your thoughts.

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We can't wait for the trip, can't believe it's still a year away!

About how many (or what percentage of) men wore either a tux or a full suit? And for ladies, ratio of formal or long dresses versus cocktail dresses? My boyfriend and i have this itinerary booked for next summer, and we both like to get dressed up for nice dinners. I was on the Jewel about 6 years ago, and I remember it being more formal, which I appreciate, but if no one else is in a tux and not many suits, he might feel overdressed. Just wondering on your thoughts.

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We can't wait for the trip, can't believe it's still a year away!

Hmmm. I'd say well over half of the men wore a suit or a tux. The rest wore ties and sport jackets. Cocktail dresses are far more common than long dresses but I saw many long dresses and believe me, they are much appreciated by everyone.

You will NOT be overdressed, at all.

I myself seldom wear long dresses but I admire everyone who does.