If you could put one "chain" restaurant on a ship, what?

I would have to say that Olive Garden and Macaronni Grill are fake Italian. You have to go to a good locally owned Italian restaurant to get some good stuff. Straight from Momma's kitchen.

I totally agree. In fact I try to avoid the "chains" as much as possible. I would rather be a little adventuresome and frequent the locally owned restaurants. I prefer the unique and more individual atmosphere, and nine times out of ten the "chains" can't touch the food. They also feel more authentic to me, and I like helping out the small guy over the big corporations.

In regards to burgers .... well I lived in California for 15 years before moving to Atlanta. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to a "double-double" with onions (of course) at In-N-Out Burger. Now that's what a hamburger's all about! ;) http://www.in-n-out.com/ I can live without Los Angeles, but it sure is hard to live without In-N-Out! Even to this day, the chain is family owned and not franchised. If they ever went public they would make a fortune as In-N-Out has a following like no other. There is even a secret "code" when ordering food for those that really know the menu.

Ernie

Guest Badgercruiser!
Gosh all these people like Olive Garden and I think of that place as microwave Italian food.

Agree - Can't stand Olive Garden...

The one i'd most like to see is Cold Stone Cremery. Also Texas Roadhouse would be nice.

I would have to vote for any good mexican food. I always crave mexican food when I get back from a cruise. They rarely ever have any and when they do it is never real mexican food. I want salsa so hot my eyes water!

For dessert I have to vote for DQ. I love my Dairy Queen.

With out a doubt it would be PINCHERS CRAB SHACK...... if you haven't eaten there then you haven't had fresh seafood. I can't wait until I get to order fresh seafood again from the menu and listen to Jimmy Buffet on the audio..... Pinchers has my vote when I am in Florida, I just wish they were in Texas.

Fogo de' Chao's is very good.

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is one you will never forget

Fatburger's is one of the best

But my #1 choice would have to be In 'N' Out. This place is priceless.

If that's the best you've had, then, my friend, you haven't had good barbeque.

Here in North Carolina, there are more fights and arguments over which of our state barbeques (Lexington or Down East) is better than there are with almost any other subject in the world.

http://www.northcarolina.com/stories/bbq.php

Spongerob, I was born in Edmond when it only had 6,000 people, with ten miles of farmland between it and Oklahoma City. I hear it's changed quite a bit.

Allen

. The only chain Italian restaurant we like is Buca de Beppo, a bit pricey, but they do have some nice specials.

Buca de Beppo gives you some huge servings, and it's cool the way they lead you through the kitchen to get to your table.

Allen

On the Border by Six Flags is the best,ever.

I don' t get it...I know we all have our favs...But come on..None of these places are any better than the Food on RCI...more variety granted...More "comfort" food... But I am fine the way it is...

Well unless someone will come up with AYCE Seafood buffet that rivals Sartins

Beaumont?Pt Arthur Texas area :)

I wish there were some good Tex-Mex food onboard. Shrimp enchiladas with pepper jack cheese, extra hot salsa verde, chips, and guacamole. There aren't any good Tex-Mex chains that I have found. Sorry but On the Border is nasty! I like Chapala and Cazadora's in Houston and Katy, but they aren't chains.

I agree with Brn2crz that Sartin's is great. Barbecued crabs are something that are not understood outside SE Texas. Sartin's has a location in Beaumont and Nederland (3 blocks from my parent's!) so it's sort-of a chain now. Channel Inn (when they were in Sabine Pass) was even better than Sartin's. The food and service took a downhill roll when they moved to Pt. Arthur. So sad!

I wish there were some good Tex-Mex food onboard. Shrimp enchiladas with pepper jack cheese, extra hot salsa verde, chips, and guacamole. There aren't any good Tex-Mex chains that I have found. Sorry but On the Border is nasty! I like Chapala and Cazadora's in Houston and Katy, but they aren't chains.

I agree with Brn2crz that Sartin's is great. Barbecued crabs are something that are not understood outside SE Texas. Sartin's has a location in Beaumont and Nederland (3 blocks from my parent's!) so it's sort-of a chain now. Channel Inn (when they were in Sabine Pass) was even better than Sartin's. The food and service took a downhill roll when they moved to Pt. Arthur. So sad!

Ok Kyrie...Thats just spooky...I grew up in Nederland. Did you?Sounds like your folks live in the 34th-36th street area.

And your right...Its a Golden Triangle thang: people just don't understand.

On the Border in Arlington in pretty good..But its the only one I have found

(oh,and that was 10 years ago) the one here at Baybrook closed about 5 years ago.

I'd vote for Nathan's and a Dunkin' Donut Boston Creme for dessert. When I'm in NYC that's my lunch every day. When we drive through New England the rental car automatically stops at all DDs. Here in California we actually had a Nathan's several years ago, but it disappeared.

Ok Kyrie...Thats just spooky...I grew up in Nederland. Did you?Sounds like your folks live in the 34th-36th street area.

And your right...Its a Golden Triangle thang: people just don't understand.

Cathy,

I grew up on 32nd St. just north of Nederland Ave. My parents still live there. I'm heading over on Sat. for the weekend so maybe I'll see if hubby wants to stop at Sartin's. It sounds pretty good.

There used to be an On the Border on 59S @ Kirkwood. I ate there twice but wasn't impressed. It closed a couple years ago so I guess not too many people liked it.

Archived