Waterslides on QOS?

I was studying the deck plans and I noticed a small 'more to come' section on deck 15 aft. I thought about it for ages and thought that it maybe it might be a waterslide end/exit point. I also was studying a very large picture of QOS and noticed a small tower blended in with all the satilleites at the aft of the ship. Obviously this is just speculation and I know it is a bit of a reach but one can wish. Quantum is definitely going to be one of the best ships out there and maybe perhaps adding one of those free-fall waterslides that shoots over the side of the ship (in this case the port side) in a glass tube could make it even better.

What do you think

fmo00l.jpg

I was studying the deck plans and I noticed a small 'more to come' section on deck 15 aft. I thought about it for ages and thought that it maybe it might be a waterslide end/exit point. I also was studying a very large picture of QOS and noticed a small tower blended in with all the satilleites at the aft of the ship. Obviously this is just speculation and I know it is a bit of a reach but one can wish. Quantum is definitely going to be one of the best ships out there and maybe perhaps adding one of those free-fall waterslides that shoots over the side of the ship (in this case the port side) in a glass tube could make it even better.

What do you think

fmo00l.jpg

I believe that is part of the Seaplex, which is right in front of it as well. It can not be a slide because just aft of it is Ripcord and from the renderings of that, there is no slide. Royal Caribbean really doesn't do water slides so I wouldn't expect them on their ships.

I've been wondering about that general area for a while (the area behind Seaplex and under/just before Ripcord. It does state "More to Come" on the deck plans (as you said), so one has to wonder if it's something else "innovative" and "WOW" that we don't know about yet. One thing I've always wondered about is the Rock Climbing Wall. Why only one? Why only on one side of the ship? It makes me wonder if the opposite side will be utilized/incorporated into the "more to come" section. While I'm doubting it's any form of water slide at this point, I have wondered for some time exactly WHAT will be going there.

My prediction is that it will be a food venue similar to the Wipe Out Cafe that is on the Oasis class ships. I always found the place on Oasis to be popular with crowds for a quick snack, and wouldn't be surprised if this was also on Quantum since Seaplex and other sport amenities are close to it as well.

I believe that is part of the Seaplex, which is right in front of it as well. It can not be a slide because just aft of it is Ripcord and from the renderings of that, there is no slide. Royal Caribbean really doesn't do water slides so I wouldn't expect them on their ships.

They haven't done bumper cars or roller skating before (yes, inline but roller is a totally different experience) so there is always a first for everything right?

They haven't done bumper cars or roller skating before (yes, inline but roller is a totally different experience) so there is always a first for everything right?

Yes, but I believe that it would be nearly impossible to fit a slide in right there. My guess is it is a lounge with some good views.

Royal Caribbean really doesn't do water slides so I wouldn't expect them on their ships.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 7 of the 21 current ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet that have a water slide (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade, Jewel). Sure they only let kids on them (unless an adult is sliding with a small child), but at least they have them.

• 2 years later...
Hey! Two and a half years later and now we have water slides! Guess there is a first time for everything! :p

Hate to contribute to an old post like this but yes - never say never - Harmony and all the Freedom class ships will soon have adult water slides (kids also). The abyss on Harmony is a non water slide - from top deck to boardwalk - not sure about landing will have to see it before I would do it.:eek:

NCL and Carnival have had slides for long time so seemed like someday we would see them. Adding them to Freedom class was surprise - going on Liberty first - I am sure RCL will be looking for how they go over with the passengers - my guess is they will do well. I have always heard good things about the Disney Aqua Duck - was kind of hopping for a water roller coaster like that but adult slides is good start. :cool: