Disembarking at ports..

jaceyar

Hello, this being my first experience of a really big ship, can anyone tell me how quickly you can get off the ship every day? Somebody I spoke to who was on a RC ship said they'd queued for 2 hours!

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

There is a huge difference between walking off and having to tender. It could take up to an hour if you are walking off but thats on the high side. Normally my experience has been 15 min or so. If you are tendering two hours is not unheard of. Many passengers will get priority here. Those high up in the loyality tiers and suite passengers for sure. It also depends on how many tender boats are being used and how far you have to travel from the ship to the shore. Our longest tender ride was almost 30 minutes. Tender ports can take a big chunk out of your port time for sure.

If the ship is docked you should be off in minutes. When a tender is used it takes longer as you must wait for your tender number to be called. There really is no waiting in a line,. you will wait in a designated area to be called.

If the ship is docked, it usually takes 15 to 30 minutes for the local authorities to clear the ship. Then it is about 15 minutes for the initial rush to get off. After that you just walk off when you want with little or no delay.

As mentioned tendering is different. If you do not have a tour, you will have to get a numbered card. They accommodate people in the order of the cards as space is available. It can be 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get everyone to shore.

Archived