RCI Transfer in Barcelona

We are a family of 5 and also used autosvilar for both pickup and drop off. They were awesome! Our flight was late arriving in Barcelona and they were great about checking times. We got off the boat early, so had to wait for them. We rented an apt 3 days precruise in Barcelona, and also hired them to take us from the apt to port. They were great with the door to door service and didn't collect fees until the very end. I would definitely use them again.

Thank you so much for the advice of autosvilar. Although it's just the two of us (my hubby and me) if you read my recent review of our cruise to Alaska on the Jewel, you will understand why I will not trust to not have transportation for everything. I think their prices were reasonable, considering the amount of luggage I pack. :)

D, I presume you're flying in on the early morning Aer Lingus flight. That's what we did in '08. We landed in Barcelona at about 10.30, cleared customs, saw the people with the RC sign, gave them our luggage which we didn't see again until we got to our cabin. Don't forget to keep a carry on with togs, spare t-shirt, sun block etc.

The bus left thr airport at about 11.45, we were on board within an hour.

This was a 5 nighter on Navigator on June 30th 2008, lookinh at your previous cruises, I wonder......!!

Go neirí an mbothar libh!

Thanks everybody for your words of wisdom.

The only reason we are doing the RCI transfers this time is because my parents, who aren't so great on their feet anymore, are traveling with us and for their sake we want the least amount of hassle possible. I feel it will be worth paying the extra few euro's.

D

Just get a wheelchair for them at the airport. You will get whisked through customs and immigration, help getting your luggage, and a proper cab will be hailed for you!

D, I presume you're flying in on the early morning Aer Lingus flight. That's what we did in '08. We landed in Barcelona at about 10.30, cleared customs, saw the people with the RC sign, gave them our luggage which we didn't see again until we got to our cabin. Don't forget to keep a carry on with togs, spare t-shirt, sun block etc.

This was a 5 nighter on Navigator on June 30th 2008, lookinh at your previous cruises, I wonder......!!

Hi Madra,

Yes, it's the early morning flight from Dublin and at this stage I am looking forward to RCL taking care of everything.

The last time I did the 5 nighter I was traveling with friends and I went out a couple of days early by myself to explore Barcelona.

The rest of the group were also fit so looking after ourselves with taxi's etc was not a bother.

D

When we used AutosVilar for our transportation to the pier, and there were 12 in our group, they brought us a bus and vans for the others who booked with them. We could have used the intire bus to take almost everyone from our Roll Call at our Hotel ( Barcelona Universal) We had #90. I even mentioned this to Juan.:)

We have sailed out of Barcelona three times. Twice we used RCI transport flew in and cruised same day. No hassles at all they took care of everything. Third time we flew in a few days early and took the train from the airport { our hotel was located close by the train station and it was easy for us.} We had a taxi take us to the ship on the day of the cruise and all was fine.

Have a great cruise.

• 7 months later...

Hi

I have booked our very first cruise with RCCL and now need arrange transfers would you kind if i asked a few questions and if you could help that would be greatly appreciated,

1) would you recommend using RCCL transfers or private transfers for barcelona?

2) is there a long wait on bus, like does the bus wait till its full before it heads to the port and

3) on the day of return is there a long que for the RCCl bus back to the airport and again does the bus wait long?

I am arranging early flights on both days of arrive/depart and just worrying now about transfers, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

go raibh míle maith agat

:)

Hi would you recommend RCCL transfers rather than private transfers, and what about day of disembarkment? was there a rush or que for the bus? thanks

If you have a family of four, would it be better to take the transfer or a cab to the ship. We are on the Serenade of the Seas in July. Would take any advice from experienced past cruisers. What recommendations of travel would you advise to get to ship for four people. Thanks in advance....

We also had 4 adults and luggage. Taxi was 35 euros total. Fast and much cheaper than RCI shuttles.

Hi

Can you tell me did you use RCI transfers or use private taxi? I am orgainsing our cruise in may from barcelona and i cant decide if i should book transfers with RCI or use private taxi's, what is your advice, many thanks?

Does anybody have experience of using RCI transfer from Barcelona airport to the ship.

Was it efficient?

How long did it take?

Did they look after the luggage?

Anything else we should know?

Thanks

Dave

For our 2011 Bacelona TA, we used Autos Vilar for both Hotel and Cruise Terminal transfers, they are reliable and recommend them. Here is their web site: http://www.autosvilar.com/ It depends on how many are in your group, we had 6 from the airport and 12 from the Hotel, but if only two people then Taxis are probably equally fast.

Edited by Desert Cruizers