Rooms across back of ships

yuckylucky

We're sailing the Triumph in July and the only rooms left are rooms across the back of the ship. I've heard pros & cons about them. Has anyone ever had a room like this? They seem to be the rooms that are left when you book close to the day of departure...just wondering what others' thoughts are on this.

Thanks!

Just got off the Triumph and had room 6467. It was okay - I prefer midship balconies though. We were just above Club Rio and you could hear everything, luckily we were in the clubs late so it didn't bother us. The engine vibration wasn't bad, only when you come in to port. The only thing that did bother us was that people on the aft balconies above would flick their ashes on you and throw their butts down. I'd get a higher up aft cabin if I had to.

Say HI to James and Made - they are both great bartenders!!!!

Derf45585: I'm on the 7/21 cruise. We're on the Panaroma deck...rooms 1003 & 1004 so we're pretty high up and our windows are at the back. The agent said most prefer a port or starboard side so they can see coastlines but then again, having a window across the back gives you a view of everything.

Cbreit: I've heard people say that too. Some say that they are larger...or appear larger, at least. They've also said the windows are bigger than typical oceanview windows. Others say they don't like the back b/c of vibration or engine noise. I've been on Carnival several times in the middle of the Empress deck and when pulling in and out of port, I've felt vibration there too so to me, it doesn't matter.

Jerrymac: I was going to select rooms on the upper deck (6201 & 6202) but decided to go up to Panorama...same category (6B) so I decided to take my chances.

To all: I will give you my thoughts on the Panorama rooms when I get back (derf5585, this might be helpful for you since I'm sailing before you)! The rooms I booked are marked as non-converting and obstructed . The non-converting isn't a problem for me but I was concerned with the obstructed view. I then found out from the agent that what Carnival means by that is that people can walk past your room on the outside so the people might obstruct your view...but they can't see into your room. I was afraid the obstruction was ship gear or a lifeboat so I'm glad it's only the potential of human bodies in my way. Besides, I don't plan on spending my vacation in my room...I just needed a window! Booked an inside cabin for my first cruise and was completely screwed by the lack of natural light!!!

We had an aft cabin on the Destiny. We were in Verandah 8334. It was fantastic. I loved being able to sit out there and watch the wake stream out behind.

(The only drawback was the IDIOTS who, despite warnings not to, tossed cigarettes over the rail. Yes, they really do blow back into the ship. Several complaints to security got it stopped though. )

Sorry, I never pass the opportunity to rant about careless and incondiserate smokers. I'm better now. In conclusion I definitely recommend an aft cabin.

Just back from the Triumph on June 5th and we stayed on the Panorama deck. What a great location. One deck down to Lido for breakfast, lunch, drinks and pools. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Karen

Oh we stayed on this deck to 1050 !!!!!! Great Location:) !!!!!! Now trying to decide about an aft cabin!!!! I hear you can't do 3 in one of these thou...:( I'll go back to the Panaroma Deck or maybe a corner balcony!!!;)

Thanks for all the great responses, everybody!

Hey pirateover40, ours doesn't actually have a balcony...it's just an oceanview so I guess we need not worry about the cigarette butts...it's a shame people just don't snuff them out in ashtrays. Some smokers tell me they don't put cigarettes out in their ashtrays in the car because it's messy...so I guess they prefer to make the earth messy by tossing them out of their windows...but now I've gone off on a tangent...see what happens? :) No worries from me about ranting about it!

KarenConley...thanks for the info! We'll be in 1003 & 1004 across the back on Panorama and I also like the idea that the cabins are conveniently located one deck away from what will be our most frequented areas of the ship: the pool and buffet!

Everybody rocks...thanks for reading and posting!!!

Archived