Recent Sunshine guests: Did you need visa in Izmir Turkey?

gospelle

Information on the Turkish visa website indicates a visa is required for tourists, although I don't remember needing one the last time I had a port of call in Kusadasi a few years back.

Can anyone recently on the Sunshine who made port in Izmir let me know if one was required?

Nobody on the Sunshine has made port in Izmir yet

ok. thanks. I must have been thinking of the Legend. and anyway, I answered my own question after posting this.

according to the new rules as of April 17, 2013, cruise passengers are exempt if they're leaving on the same ship, and if they are debarking, are exempt if staying less than 72 hrs.

When you exit the ship, you will be given a cruise VISA stamped for the day on a piece of paper. When you come back to the ship you have to give in the paper they gave you, that is it.

It is a blanket VISA for the cruise passengers. It didn't seem too official, as I had one and someone cut in front of me, and when I arrived back at where I was, they handed me another so I had two of them. I handed in one as we went back on the ship in the afternoon.

It was a piece of paper stamped with the date and a number, not one seemed to look it at very carefully when we handed it in.

Archived