CP Balcony Question?

dillardr

The balconies on the CB are huge. They are half covered and half uncovered. We were just on the CB on the June 4 sailing and were one deck below on Dolphin. We definitely had "balcony envy" of the ones just above us on Caribe. They are about 50% bigger than the others. If you click on the attached link, it contains some photos I took last year of the balconies on the CB.

The Monk

http://community.webshots.com/album/163544676IXfbis

Monk... I think they're asking about the Coral Princess. :( The answer to the question about which deck has the most private balconies depends on whether you mean the Caribbean Princess (CB) or Coral Princess (CP). There are differences between the two ships.

Based on dillarde looking for info on the Caribbean Princess, does any one have a break down/rough estimate in the difference of size by deck of the balconies for an Oceanview Double with Balcony? Also the % covered/open to the sun?

We are on the Baja for the 10/1 cruise and looking into moving to the caribe for a little extra $'s.

It is just going to be my wife and me, so I would think (?) it would have ample room.

Stimack,

There is no comparison between the balconies on the Baja deck and the Caribe deck. The balconies on the Riviera, Aloha and Baha all line up and are the same size. The Caribe juts out, half covered and half uncovered. It's huge! The Dolphin then juts out further, but that balcony is much smaller than the one on the Caribe deck. If the cabins are the same size, my vote is definitely for the Caribe deck for that huge balcony. I have sailed the CB on both the Riviera deck and the Dolphin deck.

The Monk

Other than size between the Carib deck and the other balcony decks, is there any overiding vote for one deck or another?

Also, what part of the ship would you recommend a balcony on? Aft, mid, forward/starboard, port?

I've never been on Princess. I don't want an obstructed view. I have never had a balcony, and am possibly planning a last minute trip on CB.

Thanks, all!

We are planning on cruising on the Carribean Princess on October 8. Family of four, $1522 for BA balcony, $1018 for cat j nearby. Total for 2 cabins, 4 people is $2540. Should we book now or wait and see if prices go down. The ship must not be booked too much for this sailing.

dillardr,

Wow that seems to be a very good price? Does that include Gov't fees, etc? We are booked on the Oct 1 Caribbean Princess cruise and it seems that your BA balcony is a lot less than ours and we currently have a BF balcony.

If you don't want to answer this next question I would understand completely. Who did you book through?

Thanks,

Stephen

Other than size between the Carib deck and the other balcony decks, is there any overiding vote for one deck or another?

Also, what part of the ship would you recommend a balcony on? Aft, mid, forward/starboard, port?

I've never been on Princess. I don't want an obstructed view. I have never had a balcony, and am possibly planning a last minute trip on CB.

Thanks, all!

Seasons,

I don't know of any balconies with obstructed views. If there was a cabin with such a balcony, Princess would have to disclose it. As far as which side of the ship, port or starboard, it really doesn't matter. It depends on where you are going in terms of which side of the ship is "better." In terms of where on the ship, for the least amount of rocking, you want midship and low. For a sweeping view, many prefer the Aft of the ship, but be aware there is much more vibration from the screws and more up and down movement of the ship.

The Monk

We are planning on cruising on the Carribean Princess on October 8. Family of four, $1522 for BA balcony, $1018 for cat j nearby. Total for 2 cabins, 4 people is $2540. Should we book now or wait and see if prices go down. The ship must not be booked too much for this sailing.

Grab it... call right now, reconfirm that price is inclusive of all fees, and book it. You will not get a better deal, unless Princess' offers something at the last possible minute, like the week before sailing...

Is that price inclusive of SBC? It's almost too good to be true...

On the other hand, after last year's notorious hurricane season, lines are offering some pretty good rates to get shy cruisers on the ships during September and October...

Monk, thanks for the help. I've never done balcony, and have stayed low when I've had a porthole. I usually prefer inner lower cabins (to minimize the rock and roll), but from the reviews I'm reading about the CB being crowded...and with three sea days...I think I want to try a balcony (and be able to work on a tan w/o fighting for a deck chair).

What IS the official hurricane season? I mean, I heard it's to be worse than last year, but I never knew when it was (as I usually cruise in the early part of the year).

All you ever wanted to know about hurricanes, and then some:

http://www.floridadisaster.org/bpr/EMTOOLS/Severe/hurricanes.htm

I am spending today installing anchors around my old, double hung wooden windows so I pop on the plywood in a snap when the next big blow rears its ugly head. Ah, the joys of living in "paradise."

yeah Monk, but isn't it worth it?? Besides, we may get lucky this year !!! :D

Well, my back sure doesn't feel like it about now. I started around 8:30AM, before the brutal heat was on. I stopped around 1:30, finishing 8 out of 42 windows. Holy Cow, am I out of shape and over the hill at 44! It seems I was 17 about 2 years ago, but now, I remind myself of that country song, I think it's by Toby Keith: I ain't as good as I once was...

Archived