First Time in a Suite

jaxjag8

You know, sometimes it doesn't pay to try to answer someone's post because there is always another poster that will poo-poo your remark. We are only trying to help with an OP's questions with the information that we already have. To me, the information found on Cruise Critic can be used as a "guide" to a relaxing & fun Vacation.

My my! Someone sounds a little grumpy! I have only been in a Suite one time. The Op asked what does the Concierge &Butler do. To me, it shouldn't make any difference what ship you are sailing.

Obviously they know they are grumpy since it's in their signature line.....too funny! :rolleyes: Don't get discouraged, all answers are appreciated.:)

Thanks everyone for all your answers and I am the OP (starting to learn the lingo). I just ignore the rude people as I know there are others out there that are wonderful. ;) As I read some of the postings I had a couple more questions.

1. If I order a Pina Colada (or another drink) from my butler, is that drink added to my room or is that drink a perk for being in the suite?

2. What kind of menu does Cagney's have for breakfast and lunch? Not sure I want steak for lunch...

3. What kind of items will they stock in your frig? I like Sobe waters.

4. With a suite, should we still order the soda package if we want soda at a restaurant or anywhere else on the ship outside our room?

Thanks again for your help!!!:D

Thanks everyone for all your answers and I am the OP (starting to learn the lingo). I just ignore the rude people as I know there are others out there that are wonderful. ;) As I read some of the postings I had a couple more questions.

1. If I order a Pina Colada (or another drink) from my butler, is that drink added to my room or is that drink a perk for being in the suite?

2. What kind of menu does Cagney's have for breakfast and lunch? Not sure I want steak for lunch...

4. With a suite, should we still order the soda package if we want soda at a restaurant or anywhere else on the ship outside our room?

1. It will be added to the room charge. I don't believe that any suites get drinks from the bar as a comp. The DOS and OS get bottles of liquor (6 for DOS, 3 for OS) as a comp, but not drinks.

2. Cagney's has a standard menu for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast has eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, omlettes, pancakes, waffles, and french toast, eggs benedict, and the like. There is also a little buffet with yogurt, cold cereal and breakfast breads available. For lunch, it is also a standard lunch - sandwhiches, burger (including a swordfish one), a pasta dish or two, I think. Definitely more than steak.

3. I think they will stock anything you want in your fridge if they carry it on board. But if you like Sobe water, you will probably have to bring it yourself as I don't think the ship carries it.

4. I don't think being in a suite changes the soda package, unless you are in a DOS or OS. If you are, then you'll need to check with somebody else about whether the "unlimted soda" that comes with that suite is only for in the suite or transfers to the dining rooms and other venues.

4. I don't think being in a suite changes the soda package, unless you are in a DOS or OS. If you are, then you'll need to check with somebody else about whether the "unlimted soda" that comes with that suite is only for in the suite or transfers to the dining rooms and other venues.

Being in a suite brings no special perks wrt "unlimited soda" outside the DOS or OS. However there is nothing preventing you from carrying a can or two or three or four or .... of soda outside the room for your own consumption outside the room.

3. As someone else has said, NCL does not have Sobe waters in stock. Also, keep in mind that unless in an OS or DOS or GV, many items "stocked" in your refrigerator will come at an extra cost. Any sodas, tiny liquor bottles, wine, bottled water (aside from the single bottle that comes with your suite), etc, will be charged to your room (think like a minibar). Your butler can stock pitchers of juice, iced tea, etc (items that are free around the ship) at no charge. Think of it this way - anything that costs extra on the ship will cost extra if delivered/stocked by your butler (unless you are in an OS, DOS, or GV -in which case canned sodas and bottled water are included). Hope that helps.

Robin

Archived