For those that have been upgraded to suites...

runnerodb83

We have been on many cruises with Princess but have only been given a n/c Fairy upgrade from a mini suite to a full suite twice and none recently.

On a Panama Canal cruise on which we were doing for a B2B ...they offered us (through our TA) an upgrade to a full suite for the first sailing but not the for the last sailing. We did not accept the offer because we don't like to change cabins in the middle of a cruise. At least they did offer before just moving us which they actually have the right to do.

LuLu

~~~

How disappointing....a suite for only half the cruise...depending on the length of the cruise I probably would have taken it but I can understand why you didn't.

We were booked in a mini for our Hawaii cruise last October out of SF. Sailing on a Sunday and got the word on Friday evening that we had been upgraded to a full suite. Loved every minute of it!! Thanks Princess:):)

If you pay a non-discounted $2100 for your AA ( under the old stateroom classification) and everyone else in AA staterooms have paid a discounted amount between $1400 to 1600 you have in effect paid $700 to $500 more than everyone else in that category for the same product - and a week before the cruise Princess sends an email and upgrades (free) you to an unsold suite...you have actually paid for that upgrade indirectly....even though no additional money changes hands and from outward appearances it is complementary...but Princess actually got an extra $500-$700 from you for the upgrade - no different than a visible up sell....it is just a different way to look at things...Princess like every other business works within certain margins...I note that everyone who has posted that they were upgraded to a suite had already booked in a mini....the complementary upgrades

we have received were a GREAT bargain and we thoroughly enjoyed them but I do not believe for one minute that they were completely free.

I'll add one thing, if the couple in the AA had called and received a refund because the price dropped, I would imagine that the upgrade would not have come to that booking.

There are 3 of us in an OC cabin along with 3 others in the next OC cabin for an Alaskan cruise. Our bookings are linked, we have cruised princess many times and the group we are traveling with have not. They paid for a pretty good fare, and our group had a special corporate affiliate price that was 30% less than what the other group paid (we are splitting the difference to be fair with the other group). All that said, we would have probably booked a minisuite but they couldnt afford it and so we settled with an OC (booked only a few months out). Based on what I've read here and given that only suites are left for 3rd/4th the chances of us being upgraded together to a suite are miniscule, however those that are upgraded from minisuite to suite may make room for us, if not, I'll enjoy being on Deck 5 right near intl cafe, especially with toddlers in both our rooms.

Archived