June Scenic Cruise on Danube

Foothill49er

Our party is scheduled to depart Budapest on June 17 for a Danube cruise with Scenic. I have been unable to get any information yet from Scenic about the status of the cruise, but several of the towns we are supposed to visit - Melk, Passau and Regensberg, to name three - are flooded and damaged and I don't see how thay will be open to visiters in two weeks. Am I wrong about this? Will the cleanup proceed quickly and will visitors so soon after this disaster just be in the way? Frankly I am concerned about safety on the river as well.

I finally got through to Scenic on the phone, but did not get much information from the agent. She said that they had no update on future cruises (even those less that 2 weeks away) only those currently in progress. She also was unable to give any insight on what changes might be made to the trip, considering that Passau, Melk and Regensburg are all heavily impacted. This was not helpful. I cannot say I am impressed with Scenic's customer service at this point. Hopefully they will come forward with more information soon.:(

Archived