any one gluten free try any time dining?

I have a gluten allergy (not celiacs) which exacerbates an autoimmune disorder. I was thinking of booking my time dining as it would really work out better with the timing of what we wanted to do. However, I am worried this would be a mistake with the gluten free since it looks like I need to pre-order my dinner the night before. (well, it does say some ships have a menu that tells you what is gluten free- we will be on the Enchantment of the Seas).

Anyone ever do this? Any advice? Thanks!

With the new menus there is no issue with what is or is not GF. All menu items that can be prepared GF, or a naturally GF are listed as such.

My partner is GF, and we have used MTD exclusively without any issues. Including a Jewel OTS cruise in May. If you have specific questions please let me know, and I will do my best to answer them.

With the new menus there is no issue with what is or is not GF. All menu items that can be prepared GF, or a naturally GF are listed as such.

My partner is GF, and we have used MTD exclusively without any issues. Including a Jewel OTS cruise in May. If you have specific questions please let me know, and I will do my best to answer them.

That's awesome, thank you! I admit I've been feeling nervous about my upcoming cruise. The last thing I want is to get "glutened" and spend part of the cruise sick.

The attached thread has a lot of info about gluten free - the OP needs a gluten free diet also - very informative.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809664

Thanks for linking to my blog!

Happy to answer questions.

Best thing you can do is ensure that your servers in the dining room know that you are ordering GF. Even items that are not specifically labelled could be specifically created for you without Gluten. You won't go hungry.

Whenever you dine in the Windjammer make sure you speak to a chef, not a server or even 'suited'crew.... only the chefs will know for sure which items are GF. You can get GF pizza which is delicious.... and if your ship has a cupcake cupboard they will make GF ones for you too!

I think the head waiter will come by to take your order for the next day. At least this is what happened on our last cruise. The bigger issue might be the buffet, where the waiters there don't always seem to know what items might have some gluten in them.

Thanks for linking to my blog!

Happy to answer questions.

Best thing you can do is ensure that your servers in the dining room know that you are ordering GF. Even items that are not specifically labelled could be specifically created for you without Gluten. You won't go hungry.

Whenever you dine in the Windjammer make sure you speak to a chef, not a server or even 'suited'crew.... only the chefs will know for sure which items are GF. You can get GF pizza which is delicious.... and if your ship has a cupcake cupboard they will make GF ones for you too!

Oh I WISH the Enchantment had the cupcake shop! :-D

I think the head waiter will come by to take your order for the next day. At least this is what happened on our last cruise. The bigger issue might be the buffet, where the waiters there don't always seem to know what items might have some gluten in them.

That use to be true, but it seems with the roll out of the new menus that has gone by the wayside. It can't be counted on anymore.

Archived