Does Carnival extend the final payment deadline...

LEXIpoo

I would suggest calling Carnival and discussing it with them.....

I plan on it.

I'm at work right now so I can't call. I was just wondering if it'll be a waste of time calling, or if they make accommodations for people who can't meet the deadline.

I plan on it.

I'm at work right now so I can't call. I was just wondering if it'll be a waste of time calling, or if they make accommodations for people who can't meet the deadline.

was given 10 xtra days to make final payment after final payment was due.was told if I couldn't make payment then would have to re-sheldule

to take another cruise.

From another thread.

This question has been asked frequently.

Many folks have had experience with this and have mentioned that they have made final payment ten days or two weeks late without problem.

One individual said that he was able to go a month past final pay and still was able to pay the voyage off and cruise.

I've not heard of anyone being issued a letter or email but it certainly is possible...

People Ive cruised with have not paid by the date. Normally theycall/email you a pay or else date. Its normally 10 days after.

For my Bermuda cruise we had to pay late because we had some Sandy damage and needed two extra week. I called and they changed my actual due date in the system to 14 days later. This worked out well as there was a price drop the day before it was due.

Perfect! Thanks for your input.

My sis lost her job a few months ago. She's finally starting a new one but won't receive her first paycheck until after the due date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case they won't extend the date that long...

Maybe someone can front her the money, then she can pay it back when she gets paid.

It would suck to miss a cruise.

Sometimes an agency will give you a date a few days BEFORE it really is due.

So when you are reading the X was allowed-- make sure that they booked with carnival direct and not through an agency.

Make that call so they are not cancelled.

and if you do get an ok with someone at carnival make sure it is confirmed with an email. 2 weeks after final payment is a long time

for certain circumstances?

My sister won't be able to make her final payment until two weeks after the final payment date.

I've heard that they will, but you need to contact them ASAP. And if they agree, I'd get it in writing. I've read too many posts on here where people's bookings were cancelled; however, none have never been because Carnival agreed to extend final payment for them...I'd still cover my butt though.

was given 10 xtra days to make final payment after final payment was due.was told if I couldn't make payment then would have to re-sheldule

to take another cruise.

That was generous of Carnival. I didn't realize they ever extended final payment dates beyond the (unofficial) 5 business day grace period.

To the OP, just don't let the booking auto-cancel due to non-payment. If it does, she will have to pay in full at current rates in order to reinstate the booking and recoup her deposit. And, rates could be higher now compared to when she made deposit.

Archived