Golden Princess

go sea

Did I have a dream or did I see "P&O" on the front of the Golden Princess, last month ? It was painted over to match the hull.

When the Golden came out in 2001 Princess was part of P&O Princess. Carnival purchased princess and P&O in 2003 and Princess became its own brand and shed all the P&O naming.

I'll have to look back at my old photos but I don't remember the Golden (or any of the Princess ships) being named P&O Golden, etc.

They were never named P&O, but they had the little round P&O circle thingy on the bow. EM

They were never named P&O, but they had the little round P&O circle thingy on the bow. EM

Let me correct myself. the medallions are still there on the nose...No idea what they say. But this is Star Princess on her inaugural cruise in 2002, taken in Thailand:

StarPrincess2_zpsfd83468a.jpg

Let me correct myself. the medallions are still there on the nose...No idea what they say. But this is Star Princess on her inaugural cruise in 2002, taken in Thailand:

StarPrincess2_zpsfd83468a.jpg

The logo with the sun? Yeah not sure what that means either, but i think its some throwback to P&O.

As it was stated, they were never named P&O Golden but the P&O logo was usually some place on the ship as shown in the picture above.

See the 4th image on this page.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/PO-Arcadia-PCs.html#anchor168536

My dh noticed them on our recent Hawaii cruise and pointed them out to me--they were the size mentioned above, painted over in white to match the hull. Made me feel sort of sad for those "good old days"! (Our first Princess cruise was way back in '93 - sigh....)

There are a few of the older ships where you can still see the P & O name(painted over). Conversely, I've just sailed on P & Os Pacific Dawn - used to be the Regal Princess. This name is also visible - painted over.

Archived