Cemetery Beach question

karrus

We would like to visit Cemetery beach, we have our own snorkel and mask but would need to rent life jackets or similar floatation device. I understand there is no place on Cemetery beach is there someplace close by to rent from or a beach type store close by to purchase cheap blow up float? Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Cemetary Beach is not really near anything, as it is at the top of Seven Mile Beach. There wouldn't be anywhere nearby to rent anything. I would suggest you make your purchases BEFORE you head up there. There will be shops in the port area and there are a couple of dive shops near the port. Depending on how you're getting to Cemetary Beach, you could stop along the way as there are several dive stores along West Bay Road.

Cemetary Beach has no facilities of any type, and there's not much within a short stroll either.

An uninflated snorkeling vests take almost no space and relatively little weight in your luggage. Decent quality ones are pretty cheap online. If you are already bringing a mask, snorkel, and fins, I'd just add it to that list.

Speaking of which, you didn't mention fins. My recollection of this beach was that there was some coral formations relatively close in but much of the more impressive stuff was a decent distance out and spread out a bit. If you're going to rent gear and don't already have fins I'd really recommend adding those to the list.

If you're also hitting Roatan, the snorkeling in West Bay there (particularly at the "left" end of the beach) is super close to shore and more tightly packed.

Ditto the "bring your own" blow up float.....uninflated, it will take up little space.

If you are snorkeling on your own, there's no requirement for vests...... If you're on a snorkel excursion, vests will be provided as part of the cost.

Archived