I found this Spectacular Glacier Bay Time Lapse - almost like being there

InternetAgeTraveler

I have been compiling cruise time lapse videos going on my 4th year this year, but mine utilize the ship webcams. This video is high definition and really amazing.

Having done the cruise a couple of times myself, it was just like being there.

If you are interested in weather, sea conditions, port details, the time lapse videos in my signature aren't anywhere as impressive as this one, but they do offer some insight into the experience.

I have been compiling cruise time lapse videos going on my 4th year this year, but mine utilize the ship webcams. This video is high definition and really amazing.

Having done the cruise a couple of times myself, it was just like being there.

:) This is my video. I bought the camcorder and tripod specificly so I could take this video. You can imagine my excitement when we had fantastic weather. I was ready for fog and rain and blech and got totaly surprised.

:) This is my video. I bought the camcorder and tripod specificly so I could take this video. You can imagine my excitement when we had fantastic weather. I was ready for fog and rain and blech and got totaly surprised.

I will say that of the 100's of cruises that I have compiled in time lapses, the day you had was one of the best. On average, it is more likely to have high clouds. Even with bad weather, you rarely see it completely socked in, but it was for the Coral last week on May 31st (

).

We've been there twice and been fortunate that we have fantastic weather too.

Thanks for capturing this, it's a great testimony to the advantage of a port side cabin in Glacier Bay. Although, I did find it unusual that they never really faced your side to Hopkins Glacier, I know it was just ahead so probably visible, but they didn't give you a full view.

Thanks for sharing this.

Although, I did find it unusual that they never really faced your side to Hopkins Glacier, I know it was just ahead so probably visible, but they didn't give you a full view.

Well, we didn't spend much time on our balcony anyway, because we were up on the secret deck the whole time. So we saw hopkins fine. It was the same when we pulled up to Lamplugh, Never really got a chance to see it from our balcony, and really the only good view was from forward.

Archived