Victor -vs- Rony

parttimr

I have looked at a lot of the reviews and these two seem to be quite the same in many ways. Will be there in January and only one other ship scheduled so plan on seeing the Island. Thoughts on which is the better tour to use by those who have used both possibly. Looking at Victor's "Fun -n- Sun" group tour, DW not really feeling the private tour thingy. Thanks for any info.

I have used his company twice already and will be using them again next week. I can tell you my personal experience with his company has been great. The drivers are all very kind and professional and speak very clearly. The vehicles are all very nice with great A C.

The price can't be beat and the drivers are great tour guides. Also, you have to visit Victor's home where he has a small zoo. You get to hold and feed monkeys. They are so much fun.

Thanks for the feedback. Pretty sure were going with Victor just saw that on Trip Advisor he was #14 and Rony #4 but they both seem to be about the same. Would like to do the driver for the day type tour but only our second cruise and DW is a bit unsure, lol

Thanks for the feedback. Pretty sure were going with Victor just saw that on Trip Advisor he was #14 and Rony #4 but they both seem to be about the same. Would like to do the driver for the day type tour but only our second cruise and DW is a bit unsure, lol

You wife sounds like my husband, LOL. I booked Victor for our visit on the Carnival Liberty May 2012 and it was great. Our driver was Victor's brother Francisco. He took us all over. It was very relaxed and we did what we wanted.

We used Rony Jan 2013 .

Nice enough fella. We had wanted to see the cameo factory and told him that in our emails. One would have thought that he knew their hours of operation. When we got there they had just closed.

While we stopped to buy some wine Rony kinda took off. We waited outside the store for him. IMHO he should have advised he was going off and given us a time to meet up. Just 4 of us and Rony was well paid. I expected better.

We are definitely going with Victor just trying to get the DW to go for the driver for the day. Not really sure what to ask to see if we do that one but guess researching these threads will help. We have heard back from Victor within' 48hrs on the group tour but still undecided, uuugggghhhh!!!!!

@ skewsus and jerseygirl any recommendations when doing the private tour would be appreciated. Really would like to see the island for photo ops, local grocery store for coffee and vanilla, victors place, and mostly the beach at the en of course to snorkel.

Edited by parttimr

• 2 weeks later...

All excursions are booked! Did Bar Hop excursion in Cozumel a few years ago on another cruise line...Loved it! Enjoy!

Hey Pam thanks for the info. We booked victor and the group tour, Belize is just going into the shops and back to the ship, Costa Maya is Nohock Kay AI, and Cozumel is the Bar hop. All are booked and paid so guess were done for now, lol.
Edited by grammyprf

We highly recommend Rony! We just returned from Roatan this week. He is so friendly and has great driver's. He and Victor offer very similar tours and prices. Rony has a much smaller company and really takes pride in making sure each cruiser has a fabulous day. We just prefer supporting a smaller business.

• 2 weeks later...
We highly recommend Rony! We just returned from Roatan this week. He is so friendly and has great driver's. He and Victor offer very similar tours and prices. Rony has a much smaller company and really takes pride in making sure each cruiser has a fabulous day. We just prefer supporting a smaller business.

Do Rony or Victor have a website with what tours they offer?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...