Payment of booking deposit onboard

supered

We are lookng to book a voyage on QV for next May onboard our upcoming short cruise on QE. My question is; how does one pay the deposit? Is it added to your onboard account or do you need to pay by card? If payment is made by credit card do Cunard charge you a fee e.g. 1% of the amount, like a lot of travel agents do?

Thanks in advance.

Eddie

We are lookng to book a voyage on QV for next May onboard our upcoming short cruise on QE. My question is; how does one pay the deposit? Is it added to your onboard account or do you need to pay by card? If payment is made by credit card do Cunard charge you a fee e.g. 1% of the amount, like a lot of travel agents do?

Thanks in advance.

Eddie

You pay by card if credit card is used then a transaction fee will apply with a debit card no fee is applied it does not go on your onboard account be aware that only Vantage fares have deposits & Getaway fares have to be paid for in full at time of booking with a 100% cancellation fee

You pay by card if credit card is used then a transaction fee will apply with a debit card no fee is applied it does not go on your onboard account be aware that only Vantage fares have deposits & Getaway fares have to be paid for in full at time of booking with a 100% cancellation fee

We are UK based like you zider so presumably (if I have understood correctly) that an extra fee is applicable for UK credit cards but not UK debit cards. If that is the case our American cousins are treated differently :(

We are UK based like you zider so presumably (if I have understood correctly) that an extra fee is applicable for UK credit cards but not UK debit cards. If that is the case our American cousins are treated differently :(
Not necessary so what they are missing is that the transaction fee will not appear on the invoice that Cunard will give you but it will appear on the Credit card bill that the card company sends you, All credit card companies charge transaction fees its a matter of who pays them the Buyer or the Seller. Debit cards have no transaction fee.

We (UK-based) paid the deposit for a cruise in 2014 on our recent TA. We paid by credit card and no fee was added.

Having a paid the £50 deposits for my wife and I with the "Future Cruise" people just two weeks ago, I have just checked my credit card statement and no credit card charge has been applied.

That's good to know. Thanks for all your help.

Eddie

Eddie, since your question was answered, I hope you don't mind my asking...

On the topic of future cruise credits as applies to North American bookings: We've often purchased future cruise credits while on board QM2, and I thought it was a good deal, but now I'm wondering...

I last purchased a future cruise credit on QM2 in January 2012, at cost of $300 USD per person, per future cruise credit which was later applied as a deposit on a cruise (once we later decided on which voyage worked for us), as well as a $300 per person on board credit.

Have the terms and conditions changed since then? I'm not seeing much benefit to buying a future cruise credit (from a North American passenger standpoint). Please advise. Thank you for your response. -Salacia

I found this in the FAQ section of the UK Cunard website. So it seems fees are charged fro credit cards but not debit cards when booking.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/creditcard_fee

That's certainly true when you book/pay by phone with Cunard shoreside in the UK. However, I can only repeat what I said in an earlier post, i.e. that I was not charged any fee when I booked a 2014 cruise on board our recent (April) TA, using a MasterCard. The amount on my CC statement is the exact amount of the deposit, no more.

s), as well as a $300 per person on board credit.

Given that Cunard keep any OBC unspent, why do you do this?

You wouldn't hand over a deposit on a car you intended to buy at some time in the future would you?

David.

Given that Cunard keep any OBC unspent, why do you do this?

You wouldn't hand over a deposit on a car you intended to buy at some time in the future would you?

David.

Balf, that's a very good point, thanks.

I'm thinking that future cruise credits under the current terms for US passengers, isn't such a hot deal afterall. I booked a specific future cruise on board once when there was a double on-board credit offer. That worked out nicely, - but I haven't seen that kind of offer repeated :( -S.

That's certainly true when you book/pay by phone with Cunard shoreside in the UK. However, I can only repeat what I said in an earlier post, i.e. that I was not charged any fee when I booked a 2014 cruise on board our recent (April) TA, using a MasterCard. The amount on my CC statement is the exact amount of the deposit, no more.

Thanks Wordzz your clarification is much appreciated.

Archived