Bob Dickinson's back?

RCL MARKET CAP IS 7.33B

CCL MARKET CAP IS 19.37B

ANY MORE STATISTICS NEEDED ????:rolleyes:

Does corporate investment or debt go into the net profit column ??

I heard Carnival ships are sailing full.

Actually RCL market cap appears to be 7.47B

CCL @ 26.08B

CCL stock is currently up 93 cents - RCL lags at 69 cents.

You can say that again. :p

Carnival is getting new ships for under $200 million and others are paying over a billion. Well, actually financing over a billion. :eek:

Think they can get 5 times the Carnival price for their cruises? I don't.

Am I mistaken but doesn't carnival pay out of pocket for their ships and certain other lines have to beg foreign countries for loans and perks to build a new ship

Carnival is getting new ships for under $200 million and others are paying over a billion. Well, actually financing over a billion. :eek:

Come on Mr S.S. 200 Million that's all . Breeze was some where around 700 Million. I now how much ships cost. I think the holiday cost more then that!

RCL MARKET CAP IS 7.33B

CCL MARKET CAP IS 19.37B

ANY MORE STATISTICS NEEDED ????:rolleyes:

Does corporate investment or debt go into the net profit column ??

I heard Carnival ships are sailing full.

what does market cap mean to you?

RCCL is building new ships that people WANT to sail not REFURBISHING ships by putting lipstick on a pig and having CHUTZPAH to call it new

some investors prefer growth to income

To be fair Carnival has a ship on order and I hear that they are intent on ordering a few more within the next year or so.

Also, you speak of investors preferring growth, yes they do but Carnival has and is projected to continue to experience growth and income.

The Sunshine is not a new ship....It is "like new" but is not new.

By the way, Carnivals 2016 new build will cost around $840 million dollars. Of course because Carnival has more cash on hand and is in a better financial situation they don't have to finance as much but it will still be pretty expensive.

I wouldn't bash Royal for ordering new ships, to each their own.

To be fair Carnival has a ship on order and I hear that they are intent on ordering a few more within the next year or so.

Also, you speak of investors preferring growth, yes they do but Carnival has and is projected to continue to experience growth and income.

HI should I buy Carnival stock

Come on Mr S.S. 200 Million that's all . Breeze was some where around 700 Million. I now how much ships cost. I think the holiday cost more then that!

He was probably referring to the amount of money to refurbish the Destiny and make it the "new" Sunshine.

Bill

I think the holiday cost more then that!

The Holiday class cost around $ 150 million to build/ship

The Fantasy Class cost $300 million/ship

The Destiny/Triumph Classes cost $400-$450 million/ship

The Conquest Class cost $525 million/ship

The Splendor cost $575 million/ship

The Dream class cost $740 million/ship

The New Class is estimated to cost $800-$850 million/ship

Am I mistaken but doesn't carnival pay out of pocket for their ships and certain other lines have to beg foreign countries for loans and perks to build a new ship

Carnival certainly doesn't have to beg shipyards to guarantee financing. RCL does. Carnival's cost per lower berth is also much lower than RCL's. Numbers, doncha know.

:cool:There is alot of people here who sure seem concerned about Carnival, even tho they don't sail with them anymore!!:rolleyes:

Err, sure, except if you consider that the billion dollar ship (I imagine you're referring to Oasis / Allure) carry wayyy more passengers than any current Carnival ship. They're significantly larger ships carrying way more passengers that are paying quite a premium to sail them, and becuase there are so many more passengers they're generating quite a bit more gross onboard revenue per sailing. Your argument that I bolded spectacularly fails.

Typical fuzzy math from Sarge.

Also, are you referring to "Carnival Sunshine" as a new ship? If you want to call her "new," I'll accept the premise if you acknowledge that her creation required the elimination of Carnival Destiny, an existing ship, that carried paying passengers every week that generated onboard revenue. Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about since the most recent, actaully new, Carnival ships cost way more than $200 million.

Regarding the first quote, I would LOVE to continue sailing with Carnival in the future if they move away from their current direction, jamming ships with more and more pax and cutting back in the entertainment department. As such, I very much have a vested interest in what Carnival's up to despite not having any immediate plans to return. I really enjoyed the Carnival I sailed with many times to become a Platinum cruiser prior to the recent cuts. I hope to return to Carnival in the future when the line assumes a different direction.

$155 for the new Sunshine and less than that for the new Triumph. Brilliant!

are you purposely excluding the iinitial cost of the destiny and the triumph, sayinng that the fix up costs are what is cost to creat these two ships?

are you purposely excluding the iinitial cost of the destiny and the triumph, sayinng that the fix up costs are what is cost to creat these two ships?

That was my interpretation as well... A key aspect of the "fuzzy math" I referenced. :rolleyes:

It means that if not for anti-trust concerns, Carnival could buy RCL several times over. If they wanted them, that is. :p

How come Carnival had problem with when buying princess????????? and RCCL want to buy

/

I imagine Carnival would love to depreciate the total cost of Triumph and Destiny again, but doubt the tax gods would tolerate that kind of fuzzy math.

No doubt Royal is looking forward to writing off financing costs. They need all the help they can get. :p

True, they can not depreciate again the cost of the ships, they will however depreciate the value of the renovations.

Does CCL corp also pay out of pocket to take care of the lawsuits and massive repairs and compensation to passengers this past year???

What does any of this mean to the average passenger...NOTHING.

People who get on a ship just want a good cruise. They don't care about Carnival's financial stability....only the obsessed fans do.

All this talk about CCL finances and CCL stock. ...Up/Down~~Doing better than RCI, or not. Are you people for real?? The REAL stockholders ...ones who have invested a lot more than the average CC member are likely the ones who wanted Dickinson brought IN.

Archived