Bob Dickinson's back?

Someone has selective memory.

When I looked there was only one post left about the Grandeur fire from the Sarge.

I am paraphrasing but it said something like ,"what was that loud explosion? that's going to take awhile to fix."

Bill

SS reminds me of the kid who goes home crying and tells his mom "HE HIT ME BACK":p:p:p

[quote name='cruzfitter']I see what you're saying now. RCL made the best business deal of all time. They got their financing and somebody else to assume the risk. But, I still don't see anything that looks like begging.[/QUOTE]

If anybody is begging it is Carnival.

Begging people to sail their ships. Please people book the Splendor for 8 days for $303 or book the Liberty for 7 days for $278.

Bill

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']If anybody is begging it is Carnival.

Begging people to sail their ships. Please people book the Splendor for 8 days for $303 or book the Liberty for 7 days for $278.

Bill[/quote]
Pretty soon the $5 is popular will get you a weeks cruise on CCL :eek::D:D:D

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']Didn't they announce the ship would be built - maybe even name the ship yard - and then pull back?

Begging because without assistance they probably would not be able to build it. In your credit card example, it would be like the credit company saying that if you couldn't pay the bill, they would pay it for you.[/quote]

Tomorrow, I'm going to the bank and going to ask for a huge loan. If they turn me down I'm going to say pretty please. And not only will they give me a huge amount of money, their going to pay it back for me when I can't afford to:p. I read on the internet that's all it apparently takes to get a huge loan that you don't have to pay back.:D;);)

[quote name='GPoll189']Carnival at this time has more debt $9.39 billion to Royal Caribbean's $8.49 billon. It is extremely close.[/QUOTE]

Carnival is much larger with more ships and more cruise lines under its umbrella. So that is not an equal comparison

[quote name='GPoll189']Carnival at this time has more debt $9.39 billion to Royal Caribbean's $8.49 billon. It is extremely close.[/QUOTE]

Even though I have never cruised Carnival, and based on what I have heard from people I respect greatly, will probably not cruise with them, Those figures are very misleading. Carnival is a much bigger company and can absorb more debt.

That would be like saying I have $10K in credit card debt and you only have $9K, but I make $100K/yr and you make $50K/yr. I can handle the debt better.

Gregg

[quote name='Maxiecat3']Even though I have never cruised Carnival, and based on what I have heard from people I respect greatly, will probably not cruise with them, Those figures are very misleading. Carnival is a much bigger company and can absorb more debt.

That would be like saying I have $10K in credit card debt and you only have $9K, but I make $100K/yr and you make $50K/yr. I can handle the debt better.

Gregg[/QUOTE]

I think the point is, that one poster on here would have you to believe that Carnival is debt free, and that is simply not the case.

[quote name='undertheradar']Tomorrow, I'm going to the bank and going to ask for a huge loan. If they turn me down I'm going to say pretty please. And not only will they give me a huge amount of money, their going to pay it back for me when I can't afford to:p. I read on the internet that's all it apparently takes to get a huge loan that you don't have to pay back.:D;);)[/quote]

A better analogy might be for you to ask a home builder to finance a house and when they turn you down, ask some illegals. That might be closer.

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']Someone has selective memory.

When I looked there was only one post left about the Grandeur fire from the Sarge.

I am paraphrasing but it said something like ,"what was that loud explosion? that's going to take awhile to fix."

Bill[/quote]

People were saying all the ship needed was a little paint and I pointed out some on the ship reported a loud explosion. They were writing fiction same as some on this thread are.

[quote name='GPoll189']Wait whose ships were disabled by fire three times and needed to be towed back to port???? Royal Caribbean had a fire but their ship was able to stay powered up and return to port with their own power.[/QUOTE]

Three times?

[quote name='wanderingjew']Says the person who gloated on the RCI board about the Granduer fire:eek:[/quote]

[quote name='wanderingjew']Pretty soon the $5 is popular will get you a weeks cruise on CCL :eek::D:D:D[/quote]Wow it seems you really are exactly what you accuse others of being.
Seems like many get too much joy from the problems of their least favorite cruise line.

As others have stated, Carnival is [B]much[/B] larger than Royal Caribbean. They have a market cap of $25.8 billion compared to Royal's $7.7 billion. In case you don't know market cap is an indicator of a corporations size.

Carnival's debt to asset ratio is [B]24%[/B]. Whereas Royal's is [B]43%[/B].

Carnival is almost 4X the size of Royal. For their size Royal's debt load is tremendous, which is worrisome to many in the financial community.

The numbers look close but in reality couldn't be further apart.

Let me just state that what Carnival touches tarnishes instead of turning into gold. I cruised HAL both prior to Carnival taking it over and after it was taken over. What HAL is now is completely a lower quality cruise line than it was before.

[quote name='Maxiecat3']Even though I have never cruised Carnival, and based on what I have heard from people I respect greatly, will probably not cruise with them, Those figures are very misleading. Carnival is a much bigger company and can absorb more debt.

Gregg[/QUOTE]

I would take anything anyone says on this board with a grain of salt.

Don't let people decide for you, decide for yourself and experience the various cruise lines and at the end of the day if you still don't like a certain cruise line at least you can say you've had first hand experience.

Archived