Bob Dickinson's back?

[quote name='freagan']According to JH, "Comedy" is being dropped from Brunch, Lido entertainment is being reviewed and new MDR menus are coming.

Not bad for UBs first week.[/quote]

And this was done by schmoozing TA's????:confused::p

Good for ol' BD!! I love that man :) Let's see what else he'll fix!!!!
It would be nice to cruise CCL again.

[quote name='richstowe'] [COLOR=black]I must have misread many of your comments. I though you were disgusted and angry with Carnival.[/COLOR]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Angry?? Seriously?? Disgusted???[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Just plain old disappointed in some of the changes as well as turned off by their social media....so yeah you misread. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]My point was CCers stating that they will no longer cruise Carnival because of this. Small potato's.[/COLOR]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Not if that is a big part of what makes one's cruise enjoyable.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue] [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=red][COLOR=black]Perhaps because different people care about different things.[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]See above[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :rolleyes:
[COLOR="Black"]
Getting back to thread topic, I feel anyone with "one of the worlds finest private wine collections",
[SIZE=2]is not a messiah who can fix issues with a mass market cruise line[/SIZE].[/SIZE[/COLOR]]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]He fixed it the first time. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/quote]

CCL was better whe he ran it

[quote name='halos']And this was done by schmoozing TA's????:confused::p

Good for ol' BD!! I love that man :) Let's see what else he'll fix!!!!
[COLOR="Red"]It would be nice to cruise CCL again.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Although I am called a hater that is not true.

Just hated the direction they went and didn't want to waste a week on an inferior product. I would cruise them again for sure if they undid some of the things they did to cheapen the experience.

I am a realist and know it's never going to be the CCL of old but some semblance of that would be fine with me.

Bill

[quote name='undertheradar']Got any evidence to back up this statement?[/quote]

The following might be a start for you to research and find the answer you are seeking.

As Royal Caribbean [URL="http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/04/16/royal-caribbean-quantum-ship-ride/2086329/"]announced in April[/URL], the 4,180-passenger ships will have a number of innovative new features including [URL="http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/04/16/royal-caribbean-quantum-ship-ride/2086329/"]giant mechanical arms[/URL] that transports passengers high above the vessels in glass capsules.
The new order is subject to financing, the line says.

[quote name='undertheradar']Got any evidence to back up this statement?[/quote]

I'm sure if you ask on the RCL boards they would be happy to provide you with some, but yes, there is plenty. Royal finally found a shipyard in France (:eek:) that will assist with financing, so desparate are they for work.

[quote name='EZ4']Perhaps Carnival's lack of new ships indicates their inability to secure financing.

via Tapatalk 4 Beta.[/quote]
I think their worried about keeping the ones that they have in[B][U] [COLOR=darkgreen]sea worthy condition.[/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=darkgreen]Don't forget about the [COLOR=black]promised [/COLOR]300 million make over.[/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][/B]
Enhancements for reliability and guest comfort.

They've bought multiple other lines. All cruise lines are foreign flagged so no monopoly rules apply.

Companies aren't foreign flagged, their ships are.

And the U.S. isn't the only country with anti-monopoly laws, most do.

In fact the Carnival purchase of Princess barely passed the EU.

Companies aren't foreign flagged, their ships are.

And the U.S. isn't the only country with anti-monopoly laws, most do.

In fact the Carnival purchase of Princess barely passed the EU.

Sorry ill try to be more accurate with my sarcastic facts from now on

I agree with you. Although I am called a hater that is not true.

Bill

I SO get what you are saying.

I don't hate CCL at all. I hate that I feel what I loved was compromised in a noticeable way by poor management/direction.

Let's face it, if we didn't like/love CCL, the changes wouldn't have upset us...we wouldn't have cared one way or ther other.

I like variety and would love to love CCL again.

Fingers crossed. You never know what will happen. :)

Sorry ill try to be more accurate with my sarcastic facts from now on

You are not wrong. If any cruise line gets into enough financial trouble, they will either be bought or will fold up and their assets will be auctioned.

Since NCL and RCCL are building ships in competition with each other, it is possible Carnival can wait and pick up the leftovers.

Example ======= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Cruises

I'm sure if you ask on the RCL boards they would be happy to provide you with some, but yes, there is plenty. Royal finally found a shipyard in France (:eek:) that will assist with financing, so desparate are they for work.

So, that would be no then.

You are not wrong. If any cruise line gets into enough financial trouble, they will either be bought or will fold up and their assets will be auctioned.

Since NCL and RCCL are building ships in competition with each other, it is possible Carnival can wait and pick up the leftovers.

Example =======http://www.*************.com/newsletter_archive.cfm?archive=r_ship_history

Well, never say never, but the DOJ has already told Carnival no more after Princess.

Archived