C & A status for 18 yr old

Let me try and explain explain. Let's say a parent has 90 credits (diamond) and there under 18 child has 50 credits on their own. The child is diamond by virtue of their parents status. When they turn 18 they retain the diamond status but to get to diamond plus they are only credited with the 50 points they earned on their own. So they need 135 credits to get to D+.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Let me try and explain explain. Let's say a parent has 90 credits (diamond) and there under 18 child has 50 credits on their own. The child is diamond by virtue of their parents status. When they turn 18 they retain the diamond status but to get to diamond plus they are only credited with the 50 points they earned on their own. So they need 135 credits to get to D+.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well said. Thanks!

Kids can get their parent's C&A level if they join C&A before their 18th birthday.

Essentially, if you cruise with your children, enroll them in C&A before they turn 18. This way they're grouped with you and earn the same benefits you do when you cruise. Had we enrolled our daughter prior to her 18th birthday, she'd be a little further along point-wise. She has 25 points/credits and will earn 7 after our next cruise, bumping her to Platinum. Our younger daughter also has 25 but is Emerald because I am Emerald and she was enrolled when she was younger than 18. But to progress to the next level (Diamond) now that she's 18, she has to earn 55 points/credits on her own. She just gets the benefits of our level when she cruises until then. She'll be Emerald for a loooong time.

Also, the 25 that each has comes from the cruises that each of them actually took.

It's not terribly important - unless you have to explain to the older one why her brother and sister have a higher level. Oh, the competition of siblings! :eek:

I am now 21 and have been cruising with RCI since I was 13. With C&A I was enrolled under my mother, who has been on more cruises than me. I am "guaranteed" a Diamond Plus member as my level since that was reached before I turned 18.

However, when I log-in to Crown and Anchor, I only have 111 completed cruise credits (From the cruises I have gone on)

So basically from here on out, The cruises I go on will begin adding from 111, not the 202 Completed Cruise points my mom has occured.

Just an actual example to help clarify further.

My son has turned 18 and it's his first cruise. Can you tell me, is he still allowed to join/hang out with the oldest teen group? Thanks for the replies...:)

My DD couldn't hang out in the teen club, but she was now eligible to go to the disco ... which she considered a much better alternative. Furthermore, she was old enough for the Quest ... and she was a very enthusiastic participant ;)

Archived