A Humble Request From Elua

Elua

Aloha Kakou,

This is the first time I am here asking for a specific favor, so forgive me if it violates any protocol of the CC board. The Cruise Critic community has always come through in the past for us, so I turn to the community at large to help us out with something.

Leialoha and I were wondering if any of our guests from the past five years might have any video footage of us performing on the Golden Princess. It can be in any venue onboard. Music sets in the Piazza or by the pool, Ultimate Deck Party or Hawaiian Dance Date in the Wheelhouse. It can be Leialoha and I performing together, or her dancing hula, or me playing steel guitar...anything that has us performing and/or presenting.

We have been going through our archives, and have found a few things, but thought that of the literally thousands of people who have cruised with us, many might have some video they can share. If you do, or know someone who might, feel free to contact us at our email:eluamusic@aol.com

Mahalo nui loa in advance for any assistance you can give us on this.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://eluaworld.blogspot.com

We don't personally have any videos, but have you done a search on Youtube? I found some there. There may be some here on Cruise Critic, but I suppose you have already tried a search here. Good Luck, and we hope to sail with you again soon. Aloha and Mahalo for making our Hawaiian cruises so special.

Hi Dave and Leialoha,

Sorry, no videos. We were with you on the Golden on the last Thanksgiving cruise. Have been checking your website and this one hoping to have a report on your Japan cruise as we are interested in taking it. I guess you are both off this summer in Hilo.

We don't personally have any videos, but have you done a search on Youtube? I found some there. There may be some here on Cruise Critic, but I suppose you have already tried a search here. Good Luck, and we hope to sail with you again soon. Aloha and Mahalo for making our Hawaiian cruises so special.

what videos did you find? the only ones i could find are a 'punk' band named 'elua', which is not the same one as on the princess ships. they have an hawian theme...

Try searching "elua princess".

I think it is perfectly fine for you to ask here for video. You are such a wonderful addition to the Princess Hawaii cruise experience. We are all indebted to you.

Just was told about this thread will email you next week have plenty of footage from Dec. 4 2012 cruise

Mahalo nui...can't wait to see what you have in store for us! It is really appreciated!!

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

Dave: I do have some video from last Christmas on the Golden will try to send it to you

this week.

Greg

Mahalo Greg...we appreciate it very much!

Dave

(of Elua)

I only wish that I had thought to take video of you performing (only took still photos of you in the Piazza and up on deck). I did hand off my camera to my hubby before the Aloha Oe' show on January 1, and pleaded with him to take video, which I posted on the Elua facebook page.

If we can get our act together and take this cruise for a fourth time (our teen is pleading with us to hold off on cruises for a while so we can afford to send her off to college in a couple of years -- but then that means we'll be able to go on cruises during non-holiday times:) when she's off at college), I'll make sure to take lots of video of the two of you performing.

• 2 weeks later...
Aloha Kakou,

This is the first time I am here asking for a specific favor, so forgive me if it violates any protocol of the CC board. The Cruise Critic community has always come through in the past for us, so I turn to the community at large to help us out with something.

Leialoha and I were wondering if any of our guests from the past five years might have any video footage of us performing on the Golden Princess. It can be in any venue onboard. Music sets in the Piazza or by the pool, Ultimate Deck Party or Hawaiian Dance Date in the Wheelhouse. It can be Leialoha and I performing together, or her dancing hula, or me playing steel guitar...anything that has us performing and/or presenting.

We have been going through our archives, and have found a few things, but thought that of the literally thousands of people who have cruised with us, many might have some video they can share. If you do, or know someone who might, feel free to contact us at our email:eluamusic@aol.com

Mahalo nui loa in advance for any assistance you can give us on this.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://eluaworld.blogspot.com

Dave,

I have gigabites of HD video from the May 2011 HI cruise, from both of your classes and the show, but this show was videotaped as well, so you might already have footage from that particular cruise. It is currently in AVCHD video format. I have about a dozen files ranging from 200+MB to about 900+MB.

Thanks for sharing those links. Makes us want to jump right on the next Hawaiian cruise. We've enjoyed a few cruises with Elua (Dave & Leialoha). They bring Hawaii to you as you cruise to get there, and their Aloha Spirit keeps right on shining all the way home! We're always looking forward to our next Hawaiian cruise.

Thanks for sharing those links. Makes us want to jump right on the next Hawaiian cruise. We've enjoyed a few cruises with Elua (Dave & Leialoha). They bring Hawaii to you as you cruise to get there, and their Aloha Spirit keeps right on shining all the way home! We're always looking forward to our next Hawaiian cruise.

I keep looking for the "like" button!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave & Leialoha,

Which ship will you sail this winter? We are thinking of taking the Sapphire November 30th round trip to Hawaii, but it wouldn't be the same without you.

Help?

Hi Dave & Leialoha,

Which ship will you sail this winter? We are thinking of taking the Sapphire November 30th round trip to Hawaii, but it wouldn't be the same without you.

Help?

Aloha,

We have been told by Princess that we will be on the Star Princess for this coming Hawaiian season. So, if you would like to find us, that is where we will be.

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.eluaworld.blogspot.com

Archived