Land Rover Excursion???

Fun@Sea4Me

• 1 month later...

We had an amazing excursion...for the most part. They split up the group as soon as you arrive at the pier. Half go on the boat, driving, cave and the other half do the cave, driving, then boat. We were in the second group. Gonna be honest, it was HOT and the mosquitoes are HUGE!! Definitely bring bug spray, the real heavy stuff. Don't wear dark colors and skip perfume, hair spray, etc... I'm not kidding about the mosquitoes! They swarm you and just cover your shirt. The walk to the cave and back is the worst. The cave was okay...but hot. It's not underground and has some low spots that you have to duck walk in. I'm 5 11'...not so easy!

After the cave was the driving portion. FUN!! Now, please note that we were there two weeks after a tropical storm so there was a lot of standing water. That made it great to hit the puddles as fast as we could and get a little muddy. They do split you in groups of six people. We had 4 in our group and paired up with two more. I think your group members add a lot to the experience, too. We had a great group! Our friend in our group had been looking forward to this excursion for months, so he drove first. They do stop and let a second person drive, but we were all happy with our driver, so he drove the entire way. We had the muddiest Land Rover! It is bumpy and you have to hold on...but had a blast.

You then get a fruit snack and all the rum punch you want and take a boat ride back to the pier. Loads of fun!! Could do without the cave. If you have any questions or want to see pics, just let me know. :)

My Phone :)

Thanks for responding Fun@Sea4Me. I think this will be the excursion we go with and I'll just make sure to pack lots of bug spray. Where there a lot of spiders in the caves? That is the one thing that has me a little freaked out.

Only saw one spider and a few bats. :)

My Phone :)

I've done this twice w/Carnival. Had fun the first time. A boat picked us up at the ship and we went up river to a park. River was beautiful but hot. Need a sun hat for sure and lotion. First Land Rover didn't run. They are old and beat up with a thin bit of foam padding to sit on. Some have shade, others don't.

Lots of ruts in the road and very, very bumpy! A mare and her colt jumped right out in front of the Rover at one point nearly causing an accident. To get to the cave you walk across a suspension bridge which was an experience in itself! Cave is warm. Some areas you have to crouch down to get through. They served a nice lunch and then we rode back in an open air bus with great music playing and all the rum punch you want. Had a blast!

Nest time I did it they no longer meet at the ship. We waited a long time for some straglers who didn't get on the tender in time. Rode up the river and did the Land Rover thing again. More ruts and bumpier than the first time. Need a chiropractor on board! I didn't go in the cave that time.

You had to buy lunch that time for $5 for a plate of chicken, rice and beans. Drove back in the bus. This time no music. Not as good a group as the first time.

Archived