Cabin assignment QV 30/06/2013

cruzadict

The Booking Notification on my Getaway cruise says "your stateroom number will be allocated anytime up to departure and once allocated cannot be changed".

I've never been notified by email etc of the stateroom number either by Cunard or a travel agent. I've always found out through looking at my Voyage Personaliser every day.

We haven't been assigned a cabin yet, either. From everything I've read, they seem to be allocating cabins about 2 weeks before sailing date at the moment, so maybe over the weekend...?

That certainly does seem to be the way it's working this year, and we got our cabin number about 2 weeks before sailing last month.

Sadly, it was not my eagerly anticipated Q1:(.

Mary

PS I've always found the cabin number on the voyage personaliser - never been notified by email.

My paw is long, and my vengeance is terrible:eek:.

Sir Martin

It's strange that he made such a horlicks of your Q1 and yet he handed over the management of my upgrade to his successor and arranged for me to be told at check in. I just can't understand it.

:cool::cool:

J

It's strange that he made such a horlicks of your Q1 and yet he handed over the management of my upgrade to his successor and arranged for me to be told at check in. I just can't understand it.

J

He's arranged for you to be told at check in so that the news of your D48 (not on deckplan, due to its microscopic size) can be digested as you read the notice saying "Cruise Fully Booked. No Upgrades Possible".

The good news, from my point of view anyway, is that there will not be room to swing a cat.

Sir Martin

So when you folks got your cabin allocation did your cabin number appear on your e-ticket and your luggage labels in your VP?

Not straight away! It seemed to take a couple of days before it caught up. Mind you even it caught up with the cabin assignment, it still hasn't been updated to show my name. That must be too "personalised" for the VP

I'm used to having labels sent through the post already with the number on but you don't get that with Getaway fares. I'll have to keep checking next month.

We didn't get labels in the post with a getaway last year. This year, in May, we did.

One of life's many little mysteries.

Mary

We didn't get labels in the post with a getaway last year. This year, in May, we did.

One of life's many little mysteries.

Mary

Maybe that was one of the little privileges that went with the Q1 that you didn't get. I still fully expect that Field Marshall Templer will come good when I get to the Ocean Terminal!

J

I'm used to having labels sent through the post already with the number on but you don't get that with Getaway fares. I'll have to keep checking next month.

you do get labels with Getaway ....well you have to print them out yourself. The first lot are blank if you choose to print early...ours came through today for our cruise in August without any numbers etc. but I do print those in case I have a printer malfunction later on and do the same with the un - allocated cabin E- tickets as a belt and braces just in case!You can add numbers etc if required later.

Once you are allocated, you get an "emergency "email telling you the cabin allocation and at that point they have updated your labels according to your cabin allocation so you can print those out with all correct information.

Yes I've seen my blank labels and e-tickets in my VP. I think I'll wait to print them off when I get my cabin assignment.
Just keep repeating to yourself, as I do, what Cunard has told me every time I asked about when we will know our cabin number for the 6 July 2013 sailing: "The longer your cabin is unassigned, the better your chance for an upgrade." Repeat after me: "The longer your cabin is unassigned, the better your chance for an upgrade." ...

Just keep repeating to yourself, as I do, what Cunard has told me every time I asked about when we will know our cabin number for the 6 July 2013 sailing: "The longer your cabin is unassigned, the better your chance for an upgrade." Repeat after me: "The longer your cabin is unassigned, the better your chance for an upgrade." ...

ha ha - I like the sound of this as I am in the same position for my QM2 sailing at the beginning of August! :D. I will keep my fingers crossed and try not to check VP for a couple of weeks or so.

cheers

Archived