Cabin assignment QV 30/06/2013

cruzadict

I've never had an email, perhaps because I book through a travel agent and not direct with Cunard?

Even when I didn't get my Q1.:(

Mary

When I booked through an agency they sent me the updated cabin allocation paperwork obviously after it arrived with them to send on.

If I book direct everything happens on the computer , so you get copies of everything immediately after you book..... copy initial booking, your payment etc, just like you would get from your agency.If you want to print it all out and they suggest you do,that can be quite a significant pile of stuff.

Once you've filled in the voyage personaliser requirements I think you are ready for allocation in due course.

This time the person typing my info got one digit wrong in a birthdate so I kept getting thrown out of VP ...couldn't understand it , it had never happened before, but a call to Cunard got that explained and rectified.

E tickets / labels ( ours arrived yesterday) for an upcoming cruise arrive with everything except the actual cabin allocation...your dining selection etc are all printed out.

Once you are allocated by the auto (?) selection procedure (I'm told ) you get your final email with "emergency" in the top line...that gives your cabin number at last.

First time I saw "emergency" I thought "Oh no, what's happened? Has the cruise been cancelled ?" I've got used to it now so I don't need the stiff drink!

Thanks for that Yvonne. It is now 4 weeks tomorrow until we head off. I have been checking Cunard web site and my booking. Becky is going to Spain on Sunday language exchange. Her Passport is with the school so won't get that part of my booking sorted until she arrives back. Didn't know how they allocated the rooms Interesting?

Julie has had Rebecca out shopping for dresses for the formal evenings. Rebecca said to me on Wednesday "Mummy was determined to get me a really lovely dress"

Says it will do for next years Prom. I think they are shopped out now. She went online to show me the dresses.

She is very excited about it all now. How long will it be before we are allocated our rooms? Me I had a blip When I went to Ireland I realised that my current passport expires on the 12th December 2013 so less than 6 months.

I have an Irish Passport and for people living in the UK there is now way that you can pay for an express passport. I have sent everything off now. They are saying it is 6-8 weeks for processing it. I have sent the eticket with all the documents sent special delivery. If need be I will go to London but hope that will not be necessary

Enjoy your weekend Yvonne. We have a lovely day here. Long may it last!

Sue

Thanks for that Yvonne. It is now 4 weeks tomorrow until we head off. I have been checking Cunard web site and my booking. Becky is going to Spain on Sunday language exchange. Her Passport is with the school so won't get that part of my booking sorted until she arrives back. Didn't know how they allocated the rooms Interesting?

Julie has had Rebecca out shopping for dresses for the formal evenings. Rebecca said to me on Wednesday "Mummy was determined to get me a really lovely dress"

Says it will do for next years Prom. I think they are shopped out now. She went online to show me the dresses.

She is very excited about it all now. How long will it be before we are allocated our rooms? Me I had a blip When I went to Ireland I realised that my current passport expires on the 12th December 2013 so less than 6 months.

I have an Irish Passport and for people living in the UK there is now way that you can pay for an express passport. I have sent everything off now. They are saying it is 6-8 weeks for processing it. I have sent the eticket with all the documents sent special delivery. If need be I will go to London but hope that will not be necessary

Enjoy your weekend Yvonne. We have a lovely day here. Long may it last!

Sue

Hi Sue, that's what they tell you about cabin allocation if you choose Getaway,,,,2 weeks before departure is the suggested time to send you allocation.We've been lucky before ..they probably will give you either near front or near aft since they designate these areas to be less desirable than middle area cabins...but we don't care really...everywhere is nice.

Hope the wardrobe is still as fantastic BTW! I know Becky will love it all and her dresses will suit very well then she can use them afterwards, so. It's working out well for both of you.

Just as well you noticed the passport details...maybe cause a problem at check I if you had not noticed it...so best of luck with getting it renewed.Becky 's will just need putting into Voyage Personaliser when you get it..they'll possibly be reminding you to fill details that are missing in.

Keep in touch...

Yvonne

I've been given my cabin assignment now. I got a notification email from Cunard and the e-tickets and labels now show the cabin number.

I booked a Getaway BD and have been assigned a BB (midships). We are very pleased with that location and are relieved that we've not been assigned interconnecting cabins.

Hello has anyone who booked a Getaway fare for this cruise had their cabin number yer?

We are on the QV cruise before this, sailing on Sunday, and though we were not allocated a cabin number on booking we were later upgraded from restricted view balcony to clear view around three weeks before sailing.

It all depends on how the cruise has sold.

Best of luck with yours.

David.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm used to having labels sent through the post already with the number on but you don't get that with Getaway fares. I'll have to keep checking next month.

My travel agent phoned me with cabin # and asked me to come in to pick up my luggage labels. Then thanked me for going in to pick them up, and I am on Getaway. Did not get that last year from a different TA when paying full fare, and I had booked a Seabourne with them as well.

I've been given my cabin assignment now. I got a notification email from Cunard and the e-tickets and labels now show the cabin number.

I booked a Getaway BD and have been assigned a BB (midships). We are very pleased with that location and are relieved that we've not been assigned interconnecting cabins.

How do you tell if they are interconnectiog?

Just keep repeating to yourself, as I do, what Cunard has told me every time I asked about when we will know our cabin number for the 6 July 2013 sailing: "The longer your cabin is unassigned, the better your chance for an upgrade." Repeat after me: "The longer your cabin is unassigned, the better your chance for an upgrade." ...

It's true :D. We have been upgraded from ocean view to sheltered balcony!

:D:D

Archived