gty question & price drop question

Hi all,

A Royal newbie here. We just booked an August cruise for our anniversary (yeah yeah yeah!) our 1st trip alone without the kids in 11 years!

Anyway, we booked an large oceanview gty. I know there is probably no rhyme or reason, but are the rooms ever assigned before final payment? (which is this coming Monday). Its only a 3 night cruise, and honestly Im just happy for some time with DH, so anywhere is really fine with me, but just curious!

Also, if the price does drop once final payment is made, you are just out of luck correct? No price adjustments? Last cruise on carnival we were able to get price adjustments with our rate.

Thank you!

When we've had Guarantee categories, the cabins have been assigned about a month before the cruise.

And on Royal Caribbean, once final payment is made, there's no more adjusting for price drops.

No credit of any kind for price drops after final payment date. You can upgrade if a higher category is available at a price you like. If the upgrade stateroom is less than what you paid, they will usually let you move for free, unless the price is restricted to new bookings.

You can be assigned a stateroom anytime between when you booked and when you show up at the pier.

Anytime we booked a gty (twice, once on HAL and once on RCCI) they were both a short time out, so we paid in full when making the reservation. Both times we got great cabins and got the assignment pretty quickly, but I have heard that sometimes you don't know till you get to the pier. Sorry, no definitive answers, just what I experienced. In any event, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! Enjoy ... Happy Anniversary and Happy Sailing! :)

We received our Guarantee cabin assignment with in hours of booking (booked in June for September, 15 2013 FOS Cruise. Final payment not due till July 2. My in-laws received their assignment with in a week of booking, again no final payment made!!!

Another question:

When the do assign the room does it show up on the same place that is says "Large Oceanview Gty" on view my reservation? Or is it another place?

Sorry, just want to make sure Im looking at the right place!

Thanks!

Another question:

When the do assign the room does it show up on the same place that is says "Large Oceanview Gty" on view my reservation? Or is it another place?

Thanks!

On the "Overview" page of your reservation, there's a field called "Stateroom". That's where your stateroom number should show once it's assigned.

Yes, it will appear in the place where it is showing the guarantee.

Also, be aware that if you get your assignment and there is another cabin in the EXACT SAME CATEGORY available that you like more, you can call and ask to be moved. This is limited to the US (it appears from comments made on the boards) and must be the exact same category. So if you are assigned a Cat F large oceanview, and you like another Cat F cabin better, you can ask to move.

They may end up putting you in another category so keep watching.

Another question:

Thanks!

That's the place to look, when they have assigned you a cabin, a cabin number will show, along with a description

Archived