Riviera Suite 7009

gdlamberth

It appears from the deck plans that 7009 (and forward) suites have a larger balcony. is this the case and can anyone describe how much bigger it is? Especially in 7009 where it looks like the "extra" space might be beveled off.

Thanks,

Greg

It appears from the deck plans that 7009 (and forward) suites have a larger balcony. is this the case and can anyone describe how much bigger it is? Especially in 7009 where it looks like the "extra" space might be beveled off.

Thanks,

Greg

165911.jpg

The verandas are significantly larger (this is a photo of 7009) but this issue has already been discussed to death.

Here are two representative answers to to your question:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1776693

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770253

Thanks,

Greg

AS J&S mentioned there are several posts regarding the extended balconies. There are a few pictures..

*The 1st of the forward balconies have a bevel, the 1st aft extended balconies do not have the bevel. The extended size can accommodate 2 lounge chairs. In the case of 7009 there would be slightly less room. You ask the room attendant to deliver the loungers.

Thanks for the photo and links. Sorry for picking a scab.

Greg

Greg,

Some posts do give off a condescending tone....certainly no harm intended:(

I stayed in 7111 (1st extended balcony aft) loved it! I posted pics a while back, hope you found them on your 'Search' can't seem to attach them here.

Thanks,

Greg

Shipmate, I am in the port side 7008, and its about 90 sq ft , almost 2.5 times larger than a regular and 30% lasrger than a penthhouse as I recal.

The foward superstructure makes for a wind break as the 4 cabins in front create an air baffel to any wind burble. You will feel like being on the bridge .. just add a pilorus and feel at home.

Shipmate, I am in the port side 7008, and its about 90 sq ft , almost 2.5 times larger than a regular and 30% lasrger than a penthhouse as I recal.

The foward superstructure makes for a wind break as the 4 cabins in front create an air baffel to any wind burble. You will feel like being on the bridge .. just add a pilorus and feel at home.

Thanks, Dan. Very descriptive and helpful. Your description really goes great with the photos in the earlier posts.

Appreciate it.

Greg

What is it ?

Brian

When something is beveled, it is cut or finished "at a slant" to a referenced plane.

123348.jpgAs is the case with the shape of the veranda in question. Notice the angle at the left end of the Blue Line in this photograph.

as a point of reference from the great photos from Jim and Stan, notice the very interesting similiarity to that of the navigation bridge above.

Notice too that the bevel is not running from margin to margin of the width of the deck but starts about 25% aft of the foward cabin divider.

In my opinion no other cabin enjoys such a position of advantage and view scape. Looking aft from a open and enjoyable space that is wind sheltered.

Also being extended out, it is not shaded by cabins from above giving it outstanding sun deck options and one can request a reclining deck chairs that other veranda decks can not accomidate.

When something is beveled, it is cut or finished "at a slant" to a referenced plane.

123348.jpgAs is the case with the shape of the veranda in question. Notice the angle at the left end of the Blue Line in this photograph.

How did I survive this long not knowing the above. Now I have to find a way to include it in a sentence every day !

I was walking along and met a bevel.

The bevel was not level, what a devil.

Brian

Archived