2 Days to sailing, still no stateroom??

blaidd ddrwg

We booked our cruise last minute (2 weeks to sailing) with the only thing that was available (Instant Saver, guaranteed inside, 2 twins), but our stateroom still has not been assigned.

Everything I keep reading tells me that we need our stateroom number in order to have it on our luggage tags (which makes absolute sense), so do we need to be calling Carnival today to find out what's going on??

Thanks so much!:confused:

We booked our cruise last minute (2 weeks to sailing) with the only thing that was available (Instant Saver, guaranteed inside, 2 twins), but our stateroom still has not been assigned.

Everything I keep reading tells me that we need our stateroom number in order to have it on our luggage tags (which makes absolute sense), so do we need to be calling Carnival today to find out what's going on??

From what i was reading about the guaranteed rooms you arent notified with your stateroom information until check in the day of, I could have read it wrong but that is the impression i got.

I may have read somewhere that with guarantees, even if you do not have an assigned cabin yet, the porters will have your room assignment once you arrive at port and will tag your luggage appropriately. :confused: I can imagine the apprehension not knowing this in advance.

I may have read somewhere that with guarantees, even if you do not have an assigned cabin yet, the porters will have your room assignment once you arrive at port and will tag your luggage appropriately. :confused: I can imagine the apprehension not knowing this in advance.

wmowan is absolutely right. That is what happened to me in a previous cruise.

Me personally, I would not call them, let them do what they do because my theory is, you might get a much better cabin than anticipated.

If you call and insist on a room number, they may throw just any room available just to keep you happy.

I was watching my cruise availability until it was pulled and I noticed that there were several rooms still available. Should that be the same case on your ship, you may just get a really nice upgrade.

Happy sailing to you!

You just go to the porter at the port who has a manifest and will have your cabin #, and get free luggage tags from him if you still dont have cabin #.

I dont print luggage tags even if I have the cabin #. Not my job... I get them at the port if I need them.

If you have a gty inside.. you can get a 1A upper and lower.. I never heard of one guaranteeing you two twins unless it specifically says 4A gty..

wmowan is absolutely right. That is what happened to me in a previous cruise.

Me personally, I would not call them, let them do what they do because my theory is, you might get a much better cabin than anticipated.

If you call and insist on a room number, they may throw just any room available just to keep you happy.

I was watching my cruise availability until it was pulled and I noticed that there were several rooms still available. Should that be the same case on your ship, you may just get a really nice upgrade.

Happy sailing to you!

lol you cant call and insist on a room number. If they had it, they would have it on your booking.

Okay, so we will just hang tight and get what we get when we arrive at the port Sunday morning. Thanks, guys!

As to the two twins - when we booked, it said upper/lower. Now, though, our confirmation says "Bedding: 2 Twin Beds," which I take to mean 2 twins in any configuration they may have available, including u/a.

lol you cant call and insist on a room number. If they had it, they would have it on your booking.

WOW!!!

I didn't say they WOULD tell her and I'm not about to dissect my thought processes to justify why I chose to word it that way.

I'm curious.... What exactly compels you to nit pick other peoples posts on a regular basis anyways?

My apologies to the OP, I'm so tired of seeing people try to be helpful on this board and then getting slammed for it.

WOW!!!

I didn't say they WOULD tell her and I'm not about to dissect my thought processes to justify why I chose to word it that way.

I'm curious.... What exactly compels you to nit pick other peoples posts on a regular basis anyways?

My apologies to the OP, I'm so tired of seeing people try to be helpful on this board and then getting slammed for it.

Good comment in response. I agree. I felt like I was attacked a bit on a post or two from the same person, too. It was just odd. :-)

But you have a pleasant day! ;-)

That happened to us once. We walked up a a porter, and he had a list of all the TBA's. We then wrote our stateroom on our TBA tags.

Good comment in response. I agree. I felt like I was attacked a bit on a post or two from the same person, too. It was just odd. :-)

But you have a pleasant day! ;-)

Just playing Devil's advocate here ... being in technical support i see many electronic communications where what is being said electronically does not really reflect what the poster is actually feeling, some are just not very good at communicating electronically so it may come across as rude. It is so hard to really judge context with online communication compared to face to face conversation and since we are all different it may be more pleasant for everyone all the way around to try to give benefit of the doubt rather than assume that someone is attacking or being rude... just IMHO...

Hi, this is totally off-topic for this thread, but I thought I would post and let you, the OP, know, since you're here and apparently a Doctor Who fan (nice username :) ), that there is a the Sci-Fi Doctor Who cruise group that I'm in, if you're interested in a second cruise this year. My family and I are going, and it'll be our first cruise.

(You can Google the obvious terms to find it if you're at all interested.)

Just playing Devil's advocate here ... being in technical support i see many electronic communications where what is being said electronically does not really reflect what the poster is actually feeling, some are just not very good at communicating electronically so it may come across as rude. It is so hard to really judge context with online communication compared to face to face conversation and since we are all different it may be more pleasant for everyone all the way around to try to give benefit of the doubt rather than assume that someone is attacking or being rude... just IMHO...

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

My personality is extremely easy going, I tend to give a lot of leverage and I take pride that I don't let people get the best of me.

Unfortunately, everyone reaches a breaking point.

Exactly, I just meant there is no reason to call up Carnival over this, as it would do no good.

So, two posters feel because they didnt like how I said it, its ok to get rude to me.. lmao...ironic.

Archived