Best hotel pools in Hawaii

donna@donnaanderson.com

There's gotta be a bunch but I'll just throw a few out there......

Grand Wailea - Maui

Four Seasons - Maui

Waikaloa Village - Big Island

I like a pool that's big, has a waterfall, a hottub right alongside it, and an eager waitperson ready to get me another drink. At the 4 Seasons there's people that come around with fudgesicles as well as a person that spritzes you with Evian water.

:cool:

I'll throw in Hyatt Regency Kauai to that mix as well. But Grand Wailea is the top of the list. All the hotel pools on Oahu don't even compare. Oh, and the Kauai Marriott's pool is pretty nice too (very large).

Spleen

We stayed at the 4 Seasons Maui for a week about 6 years ago; the pool was great and the hotel was wonderful. You will laugh, but I was not too impressed with the beach though and most people love it there. Have been spoiled with nice Greek, S AMerican and Caribbean beaches I guess. Even the pan handle of Florida and Ft Lauderdale beaches I thought were nicer.

I know the thread was not asking about beaches.

I like mine with crystal aquamarine water and white or pink sand and not too much turbulance.

Thanks for helping me out on this.

I am still thinking about booking Kauai Hyatt Regency one night while on the cruise; the Pride of America sounds like such a nice ship, that I am wondering if we need to do that, but we all love the resort life too; also want to see Kauai since it seems like the island that will appeal to me the most. South Pacific movie showed such an unbelievable beauty! I love the lushness and the canyons, waterfalls, etc. We may have to do some hiking I think and probably should rent a jeep here. I am afraid of the helicoper ride, especially with a little one; they are not as safe as planes, no doubt.

So much of Kauai is inaccessible by car. There's still a lot to see by Jeep. I've done the helicoptor once and it was spectacular. Actually I tried to do it another time but there were low clouds and the flight was cancelled.What's nice is that it doesn't take too long to get from any one spot to another despite there being only one main road. Don't for get those roosters. :cool:

Oops ! as I was typing a cloud passed dumping a bunch of rain. The sun's back out and I know there's a rainbow, too.

Archived