Belly Full

mspmcpie

Before going on vacation I searched for info on Belly Full of the Bahamas and didn't have much luck. I thought about replying to the previous thread where others had been looking for info as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1831301&highlight=belly+full

But since it got a little snippy.... I thought I would put the info in a new thread for anyone interested. Hope I don't get deleted since technically I'm not replying...

I couldn’t figure out how to do pictures on CC in the way I wanted them so the following is a link that will go in order to when I mentioned things:

https://picasaweb.google.com/106521175866508899485/BellyFullTourBahamas2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCKzksODBgpn_nAE#

I took the Belly Full of the Bahamas Tour with Nia on May 29, 2013. My parents, my fiancé, and his 8 year old son were with me. Nia was nice enough to add myself, my fiancé, and 8 year old to the tour at the very last minute when our plans fell through because of rain. We weren’t sure how the day would go with our 8 year old (since he is a pretty picky eater) but things went great and Nia was encouraging. He ended up tasting almost everything – and LIKING a couple of things too. --- If you can’t tell already I can’t say enough about how pleasant and helpful our guide was. In addition to Nia, Geo (spelling?) came along for the day. B/c my father is a vegetarian Geo, a vegan chef, tagged along to make sure the offerings were tailored to suit in each place we visited. We knew from e-mails that dad would be accommodated, but weren’t expecting this! Pretty cool. The bus had plenty of Kalik beer that the fiancé enjoyed throughout our day.

The tour started off with pick up at the pier in the Belly Full bus. First stop was The Cricket Club Restaurant. We started off with Johnny Cake and Stew Fish. Stew fish was the favorite of the group, but my favorite was the next serving – Sheep Tongue Souse. Spicy and yummy!

Next stop was The Bahamas Rum Cake Factory. We had a brief kitchen tour (they weren’t baking at the moment so we didn’t get to see that L) and then tasted three types of rum cake. Banana was a hit for me, but I can’t complain about any of them… lol

Third stop was at a Fresh Conch stand where we watched conch being taken out of a shell. (They taste much better than they look at this point!) We even found a couple shells that made it home with us –pretty with a cool story to go with them.

Next stop was The Anchorage Market for some very fresh conch salad. We watched them pull up the conch from the water and make the conch salad. Colorful, spicy, yummy (again).

Fourth stop was the Original Swiss Sweet Shop where we had pretty generous samples of Coconut Tart (my fave), Bread pudding, and Guava Duff.

Fifth stop- Nesbitt’s. Conch burger and cracked (fried) conch for everyone, plus bowls of Peas & Rice that were great plain or with hot sauce.

Last stop was Compass Point. Even in the rain this place looked like somewhere I need to come back and visit someday. Our food sampling here included a bucket (yes, a BUCKET) of Bahama Mama, and a platter of conch fritters with sauce.

After the tour a few of the group (my mom and dad included) were interested in seeing what they could of Atlantis. Nia took my parents and couple others to check it out after dropping us off so we could check out the Pirate Museum.

All in all a really great day for us. :D

• 3 weeks later...

It was $79/pp and scheduled to be from 10-2--- though ours lasted I think until 3... Not including the time the others spent checking out Atlantis. Well worth it IMO. :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived