Transportation Denali to Anchorage

nicaphile

My first time posting:)

Is there any other way to get back to Anchorage from Denali? The train gets in at 8:30 pm. The Park Connection Motor Coach gets in at 1:30. Our flight is at 8:30.pm. If there isn't another way, is it practical to take the bus, get our bags to the airport and then venture into Anchorage for a few hours?

The other possibility is to keep the rental car for the trip to Denali, but I am not sure we want to miss the chance to experience the train. Ideas? Opinions?

How much time are you there??? The rail is best used when you have TIME and at least 2 overnights at Denali Park, also great is a day in Talkeetna.

The train isn't that scenic and has a great deal of the routing along the Parks Highway. I would definately keep the car. I have ridden the entire Alaska RR and BY far, the most scenic portion is the Anchorage/Seward portion, if you have budgeted the time- take that and forget the Anchorage/Denali run.

Thank you, that's helpful. Is there a part of the Anchorage-Seward train trip that is different than what you would see in a car? We plan to drive to Seward, but would consider doing a RT train Anchorage to Girdwood if that part was scenic and different than what we would see driving. Thanks

Archived