Just off the Norwegian Jewel yesterday..any ?s

afoss

Oh, so they call it Dress Up or Not night?

Hope there won't be baseball caps in the dining room any night. Call me old fashioned. My mother taught all the boys to remove hats while dining, even at home. It doesn't seem to be followed much any more.

Thanks for your posts.

I just got back from Hawaii and took NCL for the first time. The entertainment was not good and now I am weary of NCL. How were the shows on the Jewel?

Next Stage-were great-they are a general cover band that could play about anything-make sure you see them! Especially the night they do the Beatles in the Atrium.

Jean Pierre that magician was funny and good

Stardust Theater shows were mostly Vegas type acts we went to all of them-really liked them all...

• 4 weeks later...

We went to 3 of the shows. We enjoyed the comedian/magic show performed by Jean Pierre and the hypnotist Brenda Kaye. The other night was an acrobatic show but we were too tired to attend. Another night was the "music" night from different eras. The third show we attended was the first night...sort of a preview of the week to come. My 11 year old daughter loved them...I enjoyed them but they were "the usual cruise ship shows".

I did learn with free style dining the shows fill up quickly so get there at least 15-20 min early for a decent seat, especially if you are a larger group.

Thanks for your offer of info. As I posted elsewhere on this board, I've been on 2 Alaska cruises already and thought Princess did it best. But my grandson wants to go on a Nickelodeon cruise so here we are. We are only in Juneau from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., so have signed up for an independent whale watching cruise in the morning. (I have never seen whales from the ship). I am wondering what to do in Ketchikan - not sure my grandson will get on one of those floatplanes although I'm sure it's awesome. Also, one time in Skagway I took the train and the 2nd time I took the bus and I thought the scenery was about the same (they run parallel), except the train was quite expensive and actually got tedious after a while.

We disembarked in Seattle on July 13. The Jewel was a great ship--service was great and staff was friendly. We had an aft suite, 8630. The cabin was in great condition, the steward was great, and although we did not utilize the butler or concierge much, what they did was great. We at breakfast and lunch (when on the ship) at the buffet and dinner at Tzars. Food and service was great in both places.

Main Stardust shows were good--expecially the comedian and magician and the Cirque Bijou (get there early for a good seat for the Cirque show and sit high up.

At the last minute, the captain deceided not to go down Tracy Arm due to extensive ice. The pilot said the previous ship only got half way. Instead we went down Edicott Arm and the ship got close to 2 miles from Dawes Glacier. Lots of animals--bears, sea otters, birds, a mommy and baby whale playing around and another BIG whale. We took the little ship excursion and got to 300 ft of the glacier a couple of times.

Archived