ROYAL PRINCESS Dining table Dilema help please.

oldgrouchuk

Hello, we are going on this wonderfull ship on Aug 22nd. When making the booking I requested 2nd sitting on a table for 8 as we enjoy conversation but then I was offered either a round table or a window table. I thought as we would be in the Med and the nights would still be a bit light a window table sounded a like a good idea. After sleeping on this choice my wife says if it is a long table by the window it is not easy to join in on table conversations which I didn't think of. So my question is do I ask to change for a round table or stick with a window table. Your suggestions would be very much appreciated! Kindest Regards Oldgrouchuk.

I'd go with the table by the window. You are not going to be isolated as you will have folks to the side and across. You can agree to switch off seating places so that you all get to mingle, so to speak. And, even with a round table, it is a little difficult to talk with folks across from you.

Stay by the window;)

stick with the window table. I've had them on 2 cruises where we had daylight and it is fabulous.

Our first Princess cruise we were at a window table and each night we switched seats. Confused the waiters at first, but it turned out to be fun.

And, imo, while it is easier to address the whole table at a round table, it is much easier to have a conversation at a long table. You are not so far away from the people across from you as you are at a round table for 8.

between some folks having "accents", lol, and others who speak softly, and some who have trouble hearing, I've found while sitting at the round tables that I'm mostly just speaking with those right next to me, anyway.

Archived