How long is the cavetubbing excursion?

nxtdoor

We don't have first priority to get off the ship so how long with the cavetubbing people wait. We will try and get on the earliest one we can but we don't know.

How long will they wait? we are doing the .cz or bz not the .com

Also how long does the whole thing last? after the lunch they take you back to the port?

thanks

In November 2013, I booked an ATV Excursion with the .bz company. There were also people on the bus that had booked the cavetubing with them. The ATV stop was 1.25 hrs away, yes, thats 1.25 hrs away and the cavetubing people stayed on the bus to continue on. One thing about Belize is most excursions are not close. I read that the cavetubing is up to 2 hrs from the port.

I had priority tender when I went and got right on the bus. It filled fast so I didn't wait long so I can't answer how long they would wait. That may be a question for whomever you decide to book with.

The ships anchor aways off shore because of the reefs. The tender ride was about 30-45 minutes for us. we tubed with .bz and they did wait for another tender arrival since some had missed the first one and they knew how many to expect since we were the only ship that day. lunch was plentiful with seconds. We returned about 2:30pm.

If we have priorty tendering how do we go about getting "tendering tickets" or how does that work? When do we get the tickets? Do we wait in line with the others. We have an excursion with .bz and want to get off quickly.

If we have priorty tendering how do we go about getting "tendering tickets" or how does that work? When do we get the tickets? Do we wait in line with the others. We have an excursion with .bz and want to get off quickly.

When I was on the Carnival Liberty in November, I had the Faster to the Fun which came with priority tendering. All I had to do was go down to Guest Services and tell them I wanted a tender. We waited a few minutes for others to arrive and we were all brought to a tender.

Not sure who your sailing with but that how it worked on the Liberty for me.

We just used .bz in June. (Great, great excursion). We went down to the waiting place to get our tickets right after breakfast. It didn't take long for them to call our tender number. After the 20 minute tender ride, we went outside the port and found the guys in the yellow shirts waiting for us. (It is a big company with lots of newer vans and buses). We waited around for about 20 minutes before our excursion started. They were waiting on another couple to fill up our van. They gave us cold water to drink while we waited. I'm so glad we used this company. We were able to go through more caves and float down the river after the caves. We saw the excursion that was booked through the ship leave the river much, much earlier than we did. The cruise ship excursion also didn't go in as many caves. The lunch afterwards was great. This was the best $50.00 I've ever spent.

We just used .bz in June. (Great, great excursion). We went down to the waiting place to get our tickets right after breakfast. It didn't take long for them to call our tender number. After the 20 minute tender ride, we went outside the port and found the guys in the yellow shirts waiting for us. (It is a big company with lots of newer vans and buses). We waited around for about 20 minutes before our excursion started. They were waiting on another couple to fill up our van. They gave us cold water to drink while we waited. I'm so glad we used this company. We were able to go through more caves and float down the river after the caves. We saw the excursion that was booked through the ship leave the river much, much earlier than we did. The cruise ship excursion also didn't go in as many caves. The lunch afterwards was great. This was the best $50.00 I've ever spent.

I'm glad you had fun with .bz I'm so excited. How will we know to go and get a tender ticket. Is it just a randon number? Will they annouce everyone with booked excursions to go and get a ticket. I've never tendered with an excursion planned before. What kind of shoes did you wear.

How much time did you have left after the excursion and lunch?

We have went with .bz twice now and highly recommend them. They will wait for you. If groups arrive before you do and the bus gets full, they will leave and another bus will wait. They are expecting you and they want your business. :)

If you are interested in reading my reviews from both times with tons of pictures, you can look in my signature line for both of them (clickable links) :)

We just showed up at the Encore theater as soon as we finished breakfast. That is where we were told to wait for the tenders. We were given a number. We were actually the first tender they called after they allowed those with cruise ship sponsored excursions, the faster-to-the fun groups and the diamond/platinum groups. When you get to the pier, you go straight to the excursion group outside the gates. We did take a change of clothes and left them in the van.

After lunch, it is about 35 minutes back to the port. (There are changing rooms at the sight where the excursion begins.) Again the guides give you a lot of information about their country as you drive. They drop you off as close as possible to the entrance to the port, but you will be bombarded by vendors. We just walked through them to the shopping area. You do have to show your sign and sail card and your identification to get into port. We shopped in the port for about 30 minutes. It was very hot and there wasn't much that interested us, so we headed back to the ship. The one shop I enjoyed was the chocolate shop. You can make your own candy bars. However, because it was late in the day, they had sold out of a lot of items and it would take a while to make more.

Really do recommend Cavetubing.Bz. We found them on the internet. You don't pay anything until you take the excursion. I collected my entire groups money (cash). We stop by the owners house on the way for a restroom break. They allowed me to go ahead and pay then. I didn't have to keep up with the money while we did the tubing. The guides were so great, we did increase their tip. We originally planned on giving the group of the $5.00 from each participate. The would have been $80.00. We did increase the tip to be $100.00. If we had more money on use, we might have given them more. They deserved it.

Archived