Airlines used by Oceania in Asia

Tansy Mews

I am considering requesting air deviation on my Beijing - Bangkok trip. We might also take the cash and find our own flights. We are considering a few days in Japan after our Bangkok visit.

It seems that it might be helpful to know current or recent contracts that Oceania has when proposing a deviation. So, my question is which airlines has Oceania used in the past year or so on flights to Beijing, from Bangkok. Have any gone through Tokyo?

We live in Toronto. Thanks!

I am considering requesting air deviation on my Beijing - Bangkok trip. We might also take the cash and find our own flights. We are considering a few days in Japan after our Bangkok visit.

It seems that it might be helpful to know current or recent contracts that Oceania has when proposing a deviation. So, my question is which airlines has Oceania used in the past year or so on flights to Beijing, from Bangkok. Have any gone through Tokyo?

We live in Toronto. Thanks!

I don't understand your question, as YOU, not Oceania, would choose the flight (and therefore the airline) when you are booking an air deviation.

I would suggest looking up two or three flights which best suite your schedule (we always check this on one of the big Air Consolidator Sites).

You don't pay the Deviation FEE until you and Oceania come to terms on a flight, but after that the fee is nonrefundable.

I don't understand your question, as YOU, not Oceania, would choose the flight (and therefore the airline) when you are booking an air deviation.

I would suggest looking up two or three flights which best suite your schedule (we always check this on one of the big Air Consolidator Sites).

You don't pay the Deviation FEE until you and Oceania come to terms on a flight, but after that the fee is nonrefundable.

Thanks for your reply. However for our cruise from South America last December, we were limited to two airlines. The best choice which had direct flights from YYZ was not available from O - no contract with them. Only US Air and another (American or United - forget which).

Yes, I could try my best choices but I thought it would be more expeditious if I knew which ones are likely. And that stopover in Japan might be cheaper if our flight from Bangkok goes through there anyway. My brother flew Bangkok to Narita to Chicago.

Time to look at ITA Matrix, I guess. Any other recommended flight search tools?

A quick search found a nonstop Air Canada flight Toronto to Beijing; a nonstop All Nippon Airways flight Bangkok to Tokyo and a nonstop Air Canada flight Tokyo to Toronto for March 2014.

Suggest this to your TA to propose to Oceania.

Cheers,

Don

Time to look at ITA Matrix, I guess. Any other recommended flight search tools?

Either we have been extraordinarily lucky, or we just have very common tastes in Airlines, because we do a quick search on the big commercial Travel Sites, and have always had our first or second selection approved.

Matrix is fabulous if you are in a pinch and need to find a very off the grid option, but in this case, big volume is good.

A quick search found a nonstop Air Canada flight Toronto to Beijing; a nonstop All Nippon Airways flight Bangkok to Tokyo and a nonstop Air Canada flight Tokyo to Toronto for March 2014.

Suggest this to your TA to propose to Oceania.

Cheers,

Don

This is the exact itinerary we flew in March, returning in April. However, we were stymied when we tried to do our deviation as Oceania had terrible contracts, and no idea when they would get more, or how much they would cost. TA suggested we book our own which we had never done before as it was always significantly more $$$$$ to fly from YYZ than the allowance.

Allowance was $1350 + the deviation fee of $150 gave us $1500 to work with. We found these flights for $1504. Booked on Sunday. Had a fleeting thought about whether allowance had changed, but it was Sunday, so went ahead and booked. Sent copy to TA. Allowance was decreased to $1100 Monday am, but Oceania honoured the original amount as that was what we had been told on Saturday. Another reason we are O loyalists and happy to be such.

We have always been happy booking our flights through Oceania and will likely continue to do so in the future. Apparently last year thy were having difficulties obtaining contracts from the airlines for Asia. We were looking at multiple stops, long layovers and ridiculous routings.

Good luck. We loved our cruise, I am sure you will too.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived